Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should she ask him to marry her?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should she ask him to marry her?

In our society it is most common for the man to ask the woman to marry him. Really, it's what women want. We don't want to have to ask the man, it's not traditional. However, I would like to see what your opinions are on a woman asking a man to marry her. Do you think that is wrong?
    "All the beats and melodies keep realities at bay but what happens when the records done and starts to fade away? Alone within myself again, I try to veil away my pain. The dirty grey surrounding me 'round..... And now I hear no sound."

• I don't think it is wrong at all and it is becoming more and more common.

Comment

• I don't think it's wrong.

However I'm not sure she'd get the desired results.

Comment

• I dont think its wrong but I think it would end alot of relationships. Women are quicker to committ and are more ready to start a family with a guy in many cases. I think the guy not wanting to jump head first saves alot of divorces. Not saying all men dont committ quickly but the vast majority. I Thank God everyday that I didn't get what i wanted and marry my ex's. I soooo wanted to then but not anymore.

On the other hand, this is a topic my boyfriend and I talk about often. It drives me completely crazy that a women has to wait. If we are traditional, then we have to wait and wait until he feels its right. It such a huge part of someones life and we have no control over it. Theres no talk about it, he asks and you say yes or no. Think of it this way, if a girl proposed to a guy and he said he wasn't ready, chances are she'll still stay with him and try to understand. If a guy asks and the women says she's not ready, its like the world has crashed on top of him, she doesn't love him, its over. LOL!!! Kinda funny!!! I've seen both situations.
        Krystal

Comment

• I don't think it's wrong either, in fact I think it's kind of cute.

I won't be the one to propose though, pretty much for all the reasons Kally said. That and I'm very traditional in that sense, I guess. Plus I said "I love you" first... that's enough.
          [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][/FONT]
          [CENTER]I've got to be direct
          If I'm off please correct
          You're standing on my neck....[/CENTER]

Comment

• lol glitter. exactly!!!! Plus i think most girls dream of the way he asks. The surprise. And if he proposes it really tells you how much he loves you.
            Krystal

Comment

• Originally posted by Kallygirlie View Post
              I dont think its wrong but I think it would end alot of relationships. Women are quicker to committ and are more ready to start a family with a guy in many cases.
              LOL In the book, Kiss My Tiara, she suggests that if you end up around some guy who is all hands the first date, he just ins't getting the hint and you want to see him back off fast, whip out a Brides magazine or something similar and start shouting, "commitment" or ask him he wants to go pick out a china pattern tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kallygirlie View Post
                lol glitter. exactly!!!! Plus i think most girls dream of the way he asks. The surprise. And if he proposes it really tells you how much he loves you.
                Haha exactly, I love the romantic aspect of it. I'd want to see if it's all planned out, or if it's a spontaneous thing. What he says. All that stuff. It DOES say a lot when a guy proposes, then you know he really wants to keep you forever.

Ugh. So cheesy! haha

Comment

• Well... Here's the thing and I know there has been a lot of drama that you've read about from me. I'm an open book and honestly, I won't apologize for it. Okay with that said... I asked my ex (Marty) to marry me last night. I know... What was I thinking? I was thinking that I know what I want and I want it now! He said he would but I think he only said it to appease me so I don't take it seriously. I wish I wouldn't have asked now. I'm VERY traditional in the sense of marriage and I kind of feel gutted for having to be the one that asked. It's kind of early too I suppose. I've only know him for 17 months. So maybe OTYA is right... I got the yes but really... It's not the answer desired seeing as how I think he only said it to make me happy.

"All the beats and melodies keep realities at bay but what happens when the records done and starts to fade away? Alone within myself again, I try to veil away my pain. The dirty grey surrounding me 'round..... And now I hear no sound."

Comment

• Originally posted by ThexMrs View Post
                    Well... Here's the thing and I know there has been a lot of drama that you've read about from me. I'm an open book and honestly, I won't apologize for it. Okay with that said... I asked my ex (Marty) to marry me last night. I know... What was I thinking? I was thinking that I know what I want and I want it now! He said he would but I think he only said it to appease me so I don't take it seriously. I wish I wouldn't have asked now. I'm VERY traditional in the sense of marriage and I kind of feel gutted for having to be the one that asked. It's kind of early too I suppose. I've only know him for 17 months. So maybe OTYA is right... I got the yes but really... It's not the answer desired seeing as how I think he only said it to make me happy.

Hmm, well maybe he was surprised and didn't know how to handle that. Let's face it, that doesn't happen very often. Did he sound less than enthused about it?

Comment

• Originally posted by GlitterAndStuds View Post
                      Hmm, well maybe he was surprised and didn't know how to handle that. Let's face it, that doesn't happen very often. Did he sound less than enthused about it?
                      No, he didn't seem unenthused by it. He was definitely surprised. I don't know what to think. I honestly don't think that he is serious so I told him that if he wasn't serious about it and only said it to make me happy that he needs to break up with me and he didn't say anything. I told him again, you need to break up with me if you don't mean it and still he said nothing.

So... I was joking around with him today and I said, "Well when you're at dinner tonight (with his sister and her family) you can bring up the fact that you're engaged now." He said, "I'll see if it comes up." Then he laughed.

Men...

Comment

• 17 months early? wow my husband only need 3-4 month to propose me
                        i'm agree with glitter, maybe he kind a surprise maybe u should take a few days to brought that issue again and see how is he react....if he avoid the subject then u got the clue...

Comment

No, he didn't seem unenthused by it. He was definitely surprised. I don't know what to think. I honestly don't think that he is serious so I told him that if he wasn't serious about it and only said it to make me happy that he needs to break up with me and he didn't say anything. I told him again, you need to break up with me if you don't mean it and still he said nothing.

So... I was joking around with him today and I said, "Well when you're at dinner tonight (with his sister and her family) you can bring up the fact that you're engaged now." He said, "I'll see if it comes up." Then he laughed.

Men...
                          Haha.. men, indeed. Well he doesn't sound opposed to it. Give him a little bit to let it sink it and get excited about it

Comment

So maybe OTYA is right... I got the yes but really... It's not the answer desired seeing as how I think he only said it to make me happy.
                            De ja vu?

I think that's twice I've heard that this week. And from two different women to boot?

XMISS - I think if you're interested in making a quick recovery from this one, next time you talk to Mr. Marty you might want to tell him you're only in it for the ring.

Comment

• Haha. That's funny OTYA!

I already talked to him though. We're not engaged. He took it back and said, "You live across the country baby." So... That was enough for me. If that is STILL the issue then he's not serious about moving here and I'm letting it go. We're obviously not meant to be together. A man that loves you, really loves you, will do whatever it takes to be with you and he's not ready to step up to the plate and I'm done waiting.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Sex with my daughters Boyfriend???

Long story short, this guy has been with my daughter for 10 years. They just bought a house and had a new-born. After retiring, I've been helping out...

06-15-2021, 09:35 PM By BlondeCougar
                              • Normal to Like Significant Other Walking Around Nude in House with a Bush?

Is it normal to like your partner to walk around fully nude in the house with a bush? To enjoy looking at "big chest" and "big behind"?...

06-14-2021, 05:14 PM By lakeocean
                              • Erotica

I love erotica! It’s such a fun way to get off. Stimulating the mind and body at the same time. If you like to read erotica too, I’d like to know...

06-09-2021, 12:14 PM By Zoë T.
                              • Ever Tried Laser Hair Removal?

I’m interested in getting laser hair removal for my pubic hair and armpits. I’m worried about the pain aspect of laser hair removal - if you’ve...

06-09-2021, 11:40 AM By Zoë T.
                              • Grower vs Shower

Does anybody have experience with a guy's penis changing significantly in length when getting hard?? Or not changing at all? I've only experienced a tiny...

06-03-2021, 04:40 PM By Julia W.
                              Working...
                              X