X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • PEN15
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 8

    Support Groups

    Not really sure where to post this to...
    But here goes nothing.

    I was just wondering, if anyone knows of any support groups for families and/or friends of people that are going to jail. Preferably something online...

    Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]May Tomorrow Never Come[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
  • Ashlee T.
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 6412

    Well, we're pretty supportive. Seriously though, I googled it and it looks like there are lots of resources out there. I typed in "Online Support Groups for Familys and Friends of the Incarcarated". Motion To Support looked pretty good. We can't post links here or I'd just give you the link. Try googling it and see what you come up with. You may even be able to find something in your area you can attend as well as an online group.
    "Be what you're looking for."

    Comment

    • PEN15
      Junior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 8

      Thank you, I haven't actually thought of that...
      Although I don't know if I am even thinking now
      [FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]May Tomorrow Never Come[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

      Comment

      • Ashlee T.
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 6412

        So whats up with ya? Whats gotcha down?
        "Be what you're looking for."

        Comment

        • PEN15
          Junior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 8

          Boyfriend did a stupid thing a while back...
          His sentencing is on December.
          It will be a miracle if he doesn't get jail time (at most 18months, but still)
          [FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]May Tomorrow Never Come[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

          Comment

          • Ashlee T.
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 6412

            The positive here is that hopefully this will teach him his lesson and hopefully he will never reoffend. And 18 months sounds like a long time, but at this point you are not even sure what the reality of this is......so why count your chickens before they hatch? It's October. You have at least 2 full months before he even gets sentenced. Think about it....you're fretting your life away over something that hasn't even happened yet. Isn't that sort of like walking the earth in misery because you know people you love will one day die? Doesn't quite make sense when you look at it like that.

            Worse case scenario, he gets 18 months. Hopefully you have a job, and friends, and a life of your own so that you can keep yourself busy and it will literally fly by. Sitting at home in misery won't change a thing, and really doesn't make sense. He commited a crime, he's an adult, he's got to pay the consequences. Count your lucky stars that 18 months is the max, and pray that this is an enlightening moment for him and that he'll keep himself out of trouble from here on out.
            "Be what you're looking for."

            Comment

            or

            Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

            Join our weekly newsletter and get the latest thought-provoking bold research and fearless conversations about sex - plus exclusive product giveaways - delivered to your inbox.

            Latest Activity

            Collapse

            • Reply to What is the implant (nexplanon) like?

              I'm curious what everyones experience was like getting the Nexaplanon removed. Do they make a legit incision? I had a decent amount of bruising getting...

              09-28-2026, 11:54 AM By Birdie_567
            • Reply to Women - not climaxing

              Hello Mermaidsheets --> Was just checking in here to see how things were going with everything?...

              09-24-2026, 08:31 PM By JonnyR
            • Reply to Birth Control Thoughts

              Yes it was seriously so convenient! I am sure that there are some other local non-profits that do somewhat similar things. I do live in a state that is...

              09-23-2026, 10:52 AM By Birdie_567
            • Reply to Birth Control Thoughts

              Oh, this is a very many-layered topic! When I was younger, I visited Planned Parenthood (PP) for my own STI testing, for lots of reasons, but mainly for...

              09-16-2026, 08:09 PM By JonnyR
            • Birth Control Thoughts

              How are we all handling birth control now these days? I got the Nexaplanon 5 years ago and its time for a renewal. When I got it there was a huge buzz...

              09-15-2026, 12:29 PM By Birdie_567

            Latest Topics

            Collapse

            • Birth Control Thoughts

              How are we all handling birth control now these days? I got the Nexaplanon 5 years ago and its time for a renewal. When I got it there was a huge buzz...

              09-15-2026, 12:29 PM By Birdie_567
            • Women - not climaxing

              Hello, I’m 40, a cis woman, and I’ve been married for 10 years. We were having sex and I was nearly to climax when it sort of just dissipated. This...

              09-08-2026, 08:19 PM By Mermaidsheets
            Working...