X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roseherald
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 3

    help!!!!!

    hey all,
    I'm going away in the summer for a month, and my boyfriend isn't coming with me. A friend of mine has just suggested that I end it with him before I go. I REALLY don't want to do this - we've been together for just over a year and I actually think I've fallen in love. I don't know if he feels the same, but I don't want it to end just because I'm going away. What do you think I should do? Should I just leave it that we'll stay in contact over the time I'm away and see how we feel when I get back? I just don't want there to be confusion about whether we are still together or not when I'm gone. Help?
  • Guest

    Really not enough info. to comment clearly, but based on what you've stated....

    Just because you're going away for a month, you're considering breaking up with your BF of a year? Why? You "think" you've fallen in love and you're considering this? A) Sounds like there are some unanswered questions regarding the relationship, B) Doesn't really sound to me like you're in love, C) Maybe trust, or lack of same, is playing a role, D) What does your BF say about your being gone a month, E) I assume it's either school or work related?

    Sounds to me like you need to stop listening to your friend and start talking with your BF.

    Comment

    • stressed
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 1914

      I agree with SA's points. If you've been together for a year and he's someone you can call "your boyfriend" then you must have fallen for him much earlier, it shouldn't be something to think about. You don't know if he feels the same either.

      Give us some additional information and discuss this with him. It seems like he doesn't know you're in love with him (maybe you don't know if you are either) so maybe he hasn't taken this relationship seriously.

      Comment

      or

      Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

      Join our weekly newsletter and get the latest thought-provoking bold research and fearless conversations about sex - plus exclusive product giveaways - delivered to your inbox.

      Latest Activity

      Collapse

      • Reply to What is the implant (nexplanon) like?

        I'm curious what everyones experience was like getting the Nexaplanon removed. Do they make a legit incision? I had a decent amount of bruising getting...

        09-28-2026, 11:54 AM By Birdie_567
      • Reply to Women - not climaxing

        Hello Mermaidsheets --> Was just checking in here to see how things were going with everything?...

        09-24-2026, 08:31 PM By JonnyR
      • Reply to Birth Control Thoughts

        Yes it was seriously so convenient! I am sure that there are some other local non-profits that do somewhat similar things. I do live in a state that is...

        09-23-2026, 10:52 AM By Birdie_567
      • Reply to Birth Control Thoughts

        Oh, this is a very many-layered topic! When I was younger, I visited Planned Parenthood (PP) for my own STI testing, for lots of reasons, but mainly for...

        09-16-2026, 08:09 PM By JonnyR
      • Birth Control Thoughts

        How are we all handling birth control now these days? I got the Nexaplanon 5 years ago and its time for a renewal. When I got it there was a huge buzz...

        09-15-2026, 12:29 PM By Birdie_567

      Latest Topics

      Collapse

      • Birth Control Thoughts

        How are we all handling birth control now these days? I got the Nexaplanon 5 years ago and its time for a renewal. When I got it there was a huge buzz...

        09-15-2026, 12:29 PM By Birdie_567
      • Women - not climaxing

        Hello, I’m 40, a cis woman, and I’ve been married for 10 years. We were having sex and I was nearly to climax when it sort of just dissipated. This...

        09-08-2026, 08:19 PM By Mermaidsheets
      Working...