Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first love broke up with me and I don't know what to do

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first love broke up with me and I don't know what to do

Hey girls, I've feeling a little down :/
    My boyfriend and I had been together for 2 years and he broke up with me 4 days ago We are both 19.
    The day before the brake up he was texting me and laughing at my jokes, everything seemed so normal and I wasn't ready for the relationship to be over. I thought everything was fine but apparently something had changed and he came to my house, said he didn't feel comfortable with the relationship anymore, he didn't feel good. He told me I deserved better and that he knew he had failed me. I don't understand why he didn't tell me before, I had no idea he was feeling this way. The last days we had been together he looked happy everything seemed good.
    We haven't talked since that day but we are not mad at each other, I really want to talk to him again and ask some questions to clear my mind. I want to ask him if we have a second chance, if we can save this relationship. I didnt want this to be over I loved him so much and gave my best everytime. We did have misundertandings and I'm a very sensitive person but I dont know if that was enough to end this relationship.
    I just needed to get it out of ny chest... I just can't stop thinking about it. This sucks

• Originally posted by Sugarplum View Post
    He told me I deserved better and that he knew he had failed me. I don't understand why he didn't tell me before, I had no idea he was feeling this way. The last days we had been together he looked happy everything seemed good.
    Sounds like something happened, maybe something he feels guilty about and feels ashamed to tell you.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Oh girl....I've been there. Many of us have. I know how hard that is and how desperate you feel for the sadness to just be over. Honestly? It sounds like a pretty classic break up to me. Perhaps he was unfaithful.....perhaps he's interested in someone else and doesn't want to cheat on you.....perhaps he's truly just not happy in the relationship. Either way, it is a good time to learn that a man who WANTS you will not walk away from you knowing you could end up with someone else. When someone wants to go, let them go because the last thing you need or should want is to be with someone who doesn't truly want YOU.

Two years is a long time. I know you must be heartbroken. I wish I could take it away from you, but it is something we all go through in life....a right of passage sort of. It will help you in the future to find the person who is truly right for you!
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I'm with BD, and add: this will pass.

It hurts and it's hard not to have answers. If you must, invite him for coffee and ask. You may learn something or you may hear something more difficult to understand.

Resist the urge to attempt reconciliation at this point. It will do no good for either of you.

Many hugs sweetie. Breaking up sucks. grab a movie with your girl friends and go at it extra hard at the gym or whatever is your way to release, in a healthy way.

Comment

• I'm sorry to hear it. It's hard I know but you're not alone: we've all been there. Let yourself cry, don't pretend to be fine but keep your head up. Whatever his reasons for breaking up with you, I am sure he did it because he knew he'd make you both unhappy if he stayed. Still, it hurts and I know that. I wouldn't ask him for a reconciliation: that will just put you both on the spot and make it harder in the long run. You may never know exactly why he ended the relationship but you are not to blame: you haven't done anything wrong. Things just died a natural death, as upsetting as it is. Do talk to your friends and let them support you. You're not alone, so take comfort in your friends and family.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X