Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I get plan b?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get plan b?

I need help deciding if I should get the plan b pill or not. My bf decided to take the condom off during sex last night, and he is not sure if he was able to pull out in time. I'm on the pill, but I took antibiotics for strep and stopped 3 days ago. Do you think I should get the morning after pill?

• I'm afraid if you don't take the morning after pill in the next 24 hours you will be pregnant. I am not asking to pry, but why did your boyfriend take off the condom? Does he know that even before ejaculation thousands of sperm are released? That means pulling out "in time" is not a method that prevents pregnancy. You will need to take the pill sooner rather than later. Then you will need to do a pregnancy test. If you are pregnant you will need to let your doctor know and decide what you're going to do.

Comment

• If you're on the pill, but took antibiotics, you do still have some protection. Not all the effectiveness is gone with the use of abx.
      You could have consulted your doc or a pharmacist to determine the likelihood of pregnancy, based on the drugs prescribed.

Taking the pill and then plan B is a huge dose of hormones. I'd consider very carefully the risks prior to using plan B.
      Good luck Hon.
      I hope you addressed the issue also with the selfish boyfriend. What he did is unacceptable, in my opinion.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X