Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hubby's alcohol n frnds ruining my wedding

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubby's alcohol n frnds ruining my wedding

I hav been married for past 8 months n hav had hundreds of issues to deal wid in dis period. Ours was an arranged marriage ... Gt two months break Ben engagement n marriage. After wedding, my husband used to regularly come home at 2 in d night dat to totally drunk. Wid time n me fighting over issues things hav improved... But most f d times I still hav to force my husband to cum home. He doesnt care abt me or my life, whether i m sick or upset makes no diff to him. He comes home to avoid fights .... He is loyal, but still wants to live d life of 18 year old nd hates d fact dat marriage has ruined his party everyday life.... Comes from a rich family so has thousands to squander each night. I m in a dilemma whether to hang on to dis marriage or no. We hav no bonding to each other n r still sticking around coz of our families
    Last edited by Ppj; 01-28-2012, 09:46 AM.

• What culture do you come from? Would there be harsh repercussions if you divorced him?

It seems that the two of you had nothing in common to start a marriage on.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Who arranged this marriage? In some cultures it is the grandmothers who do most of the arranging, in others the girls are promised to the families of the boys from an early age, so few of the characteristics of the man each boy becomes are known.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• If you both really don't want to be married and don't have any bond and are both so un-happy, why not, whilst you work out how to get out of the marriage due to it being arranged, talk to each other and be straight forward about it and be "house mates" when at home and don't entertain the meaning of marraige for now...

Sometimes when thrown into things, no one is happy, but by being friends and putting up a front, who is to say you both won't start to be exactly that? Friends and who is to say you wont, start to actually like each other..

CW
        PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
        • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X