Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasies

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasies

My husband and I have a great sex life. I love him, he loves me. We explore and try new things, and I am incredibly satisfied by him. He always asks me if I have any unfulfilled fantasies that we could explore, and I say no. But truthfully, I really would love to experience sex with him if he were more in shape. I feel like such a horrible person to say that. But he's always been bigger, since I met him, and I have loved every part of him. Sometimes though it gets uncomfortable with him on top and I imagine him having a smaller mid-section or more muscle-ly arms and abs. And yes, we do other positions besides missionary. It's just the one fantasy I have about sex is a more in-shape husband.

Am I totally shallow and horrible? And if not, how do I tell him about my fantasies of a smaller him? I dont want to hurt him, but somehow I think sex would be more enjoyable if he lost some weight and got in shape. I know I could "discreetly" encourage him to exercise and eat better--I've tried that--but his weight has never come up in the context of sex and I'm afraid I might completely crush him if I say anything about it. And he's not really motivated to lose any weight, so exercising isnt on the top of his to-do list (it's not on mine either, but I have a high metabolism and dont have any weight issues--yet).

any advice would be appreciated. and if I'm being mean or shallow, let me know so I can figure out why I'm thinking this way.

• Incentivize the exercise with him. Make the incentives attainable steps. Control eating portions. Maybe make some of his fantasies come true on major milestones (keep them just between you two). Probably controlling eating portions and limiting things like soft drinks will make the most difference.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Nothing wrong with fantasizing. That doesn't make you a mean person. Its just a fantasy.

Loosing weight is a good goal, but I'm not so sure it would be a good idea to bring it up in a sexual context. Maybe just bring it up in a health sense and that he would look better, etc. If you mention that its uncomfortable when he's on top, then he will probably get very self conscious about it the next time you guys are having sex.
      Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• I'm a big guy. My wife has told me it's uncomfortable with me on top (particularly in our bed, when we're in a different bed it's ok). Neither one of us is skinny. The up side is that she's much more orgasmic on top. The down side is that she claims that me on top is her favorite position. So, I know that she'd like me to be slimmer. She hasn't come right out and said it, but I know. We went on an all juice fast together for a week about a month or so, ago. I lost 10 lbs. She lost 5-6 I think. We're working on it together.

I was a little hurt that me being on top is uncomfortable, but it wasn't the end of the world. It's just more motivation to drop a few pounds. The question is, will you act on your fantasy and help your husband do something about his weight. And just because you're not overweight doesn't mean you're in shape.
        "Those sowing seed with tears
        Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• This makes me wonder, if my husband is thinking the same thing about me when were having sex (Im a chubby/chunky woman always been on the thick side even with dieting and exercise), or afterwards when thinking about fantasies... Hm...
          If you don't support our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

Comment

• Originally posted by PinkySweet View Post
            This makes me wonder, if my husband is thinking the same thing about me when were having sex (Im a chubby/chunky woman always been on the thick side even with dieting and exercise), or afterwards when thinking about fantasies... Hm...
            A lot of cultures/subcultures like thicker women. Also, in this age of the booty, curvier is better in some men's eyes. I've been with my wife skinnier and thicker. It's not a big deal, but I do prefer her a bit thicker and curvy. I think she might feel better and be healthier if she lost a few pounds though. I would rather her be healthy.

If you were thick when you met and married your husband, you probably don't have much to worry about.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
            • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
            • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
            • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
            • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
            Working...
            X