Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you meet your husband/wife/lover/partner?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you meet your husband/wife/lover/partner?

After reading about some of the long-termers posts here, I think there are some interesting stories to share. How did you meet your current partner? Share your romantic or not-so-romantic story.

I met my husband when I was temping. The temp agency sent me to his company. I guess he was my boss (although I'll never admit it to him). This company has a very strict nepotism policy. One night, the whole department went out for drinks and I was invited to come along. We ended up in this bar watching the Knicks game. I used to be a die-hard fan back then. I was on my bar stool yelling at the TV. They were down by 20 and only 5 minutes left. My husband started teasing me about the Knicks and bet me that they would lose. I knew my Knicks would come through for me, so I accepted. Less than two minutes left in the game and they were still down by 17. So my husband said double-or-nothing. I accepted. The Knicks won. He owed me 2 dinners. And the rest is history.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

• Lol, that is awesome SP!

I met my GF in college. I sat down next to her on the first day of class and it was love at first sight. When we first looked at each other and exchanged a couple lines, we both knew.
    [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• I'm sure it helped when you mentioned you'd handle 99% of the oral.

sp - I didn't realize you established your dominance so early lol, thought that was more of a gradual thing.
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Incoming freshmen at college had an camping trip. Met my future wife sitting around a camp fire late at night. It was so dark we could barely see each other. She worried she might not even recognize me the next day. We lived nearby in the college dorms. We dated on and off for several years after that.

That was almost 35 years ago.

Comment

• I'll do my maybe soon to be GF ....we're coworkers in a huge office, on different floors. I'd see her once in a while in passing or at meetings. We'd always smile if we made eye contact but my 'gaydar' was always activated - that little sniff of electricity that says there's something more in the air. It may sound silly but I can point to one thing in particular - her pupils were always dilated when she'd look at me. For a long while it was just that and nothing more, but then one day on here, kitty said something about raven-haired women, and I suddenly got fully bi-activated on her (she has beautiful long black hair). So I made a point of actually saying hi, and before very long I'd just go to her cubicle to chat, and not long after that I asked her to lunch, then on a date, then ....the rest is history. She eventually dismissed her BF and switched to my team (he couldn't handle the reality).

I always got the vibe from her that she wanted me to move on her (after I started talking to her), but being a former straight girl she didn't really know what to do herself or maybe thought it was my job to do it, being the known bisexual.

The undercurrent of kinetic energy between us was always really strong ....we'd be there chatting or whatever and I could just tell she was kind of thrumming with a low frequency excitement. It got to the point that we were acknowledging that nonverbally thru smiles and nods and that sort of thing, and by the time we had the first date, which ended up mainly just being a really really long makeout session on the physical side, all the restraint was set aside and it just came out of her in waves. I'll always remember that night - one of the best of my life honestly.

We haven't formalized a GF/GF relationship to this point, but I'm closer to doing it now than I ever have been. I'm thinking we'll have 'the talk' very soon.
          [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• My Husband and I have known each other since we were 8 years old because we were in the same primary school and secondary school and we live quite close to each other so we saw each other when we walked to school together.

We only really "met" each other when we were 14. I remember( it struck me) I was having a P.E lesson and seeing the boys run past us in their one and I saw him and I thought to myself he looks HOT! he was 6ft, very muscular- he had a six-pack and he looked as if he was 18/19, he had a stubble, arm hair, chest hair, shoulder hair, stomach hair and leg hair. MY GOD THOSE LEGS!! very muscular and thick for a 14 year old plus the hair made him more sexy and manly than his age suggests (I am a sucker for his legs) he was taller and hairier than his P.E teacher. He also played for the school Rugby team so he could maintain his physique. I just realized then Puberty hit him HARD AND FAST.

From then on I started having sexual feelings for him every time I met him and he was having feelings for me especially as we were talking to each other more. We became boyfriend and girlfriend officially when we were walking back home one day and he just said to me " Do you wanna be my girl? since we've been getting to know each other better" and I replied "yes". We were together till we were 17 when we broke up then after 9 months of dating 3 guys which to be honest were not good enough I went back to my man.

To cut a long story short.We moved in together at 18 when I was at Uni and shared a small flat together. We married when we were 21 and have had 8 years of happy marriage to the man I love.
            It's all fun and games until you mess with a Portuguese girl.

-

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
              I'm sure it helped when you mentioned you'd handle 99% of the oral.
              Are you baiting me to ask about the 1% or is the 99% a mis-calculation?

Also, I read your story. Jeez, you're a predator. The way you picked up on all the signs and how you took her away from her man...

I am dying to ask a question but it will end up hijacking this thread. I'll save it for next time.
              [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• I wouldn't feel too bad about him - he showed himself to be a real turd in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
                  I wouldn't feel too bad about him - he showed himself to be a real turd in the end.
                  Ha! I should have figured... Keep us updated on your pet raven.

Comment

• I met my guy at university. We were studying the same subject. He was very shy but incredibly smart and opinionistic which was intriguing....we were friends for about 4 years (I was dating one of his friends for about a year and a half) before we got together (sporadic drunken episodes aside). We were both pretty messed up at the time, and helped each other through some mental health issues. That was almost 10 years ago and we are still together (sans dangerous mental health stuffs).
                    “...choose to believe in your own myth
                    your own glamour
                    your own spell
                    a young woman who does this
                    (even if she is just pretending)
                    has everything....”
                    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Sum
                      Ha! I should have figured... Keep us updated on your pet raven.
                      Oooh, I like that name.

Comment

• Jen, so would Raven be able to have a BF on the side if she was to be with you? Or are you the only person that can be with multiple people in your relationships?

Comment

• Sure, she could have a BF, and other (sexual) GFs, just like me.

Comment

• I met my G/F where we work, she wanted to learn to Ski. I was assigned as her instructor, it was love at first sight, I don't know why, it just was, she's made my life complete..

Comment

• Originally posted by Patti-here View Post
                              I met my G/F where we work, she wanted to learn to Ski. I was assigned as her instructor, it was love at first sight, I don't know why, it just was, she's made my life complete..

In truth, it was something about her hair, eyes and the way she smelled that attracted me to her, I just fell head over heels for her...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
                                "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                              • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                              • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
                              Working...
                              X