Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No idea how to size wedding rings!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea how to size wedding rings!

Is this the right forum for this topic? ;P The fiance and I are trying to order wedding bands (nothing too fancy or expensive, just plain titanium bands) and since neither of us wear jewelry, we're really not sure how to size them. I'm particularly unsure because I have really skinny fingers with pretty big knuckles, so a few sizes are really hard to get over my knuckle, but then too loose around my finger.

Are rings supposed to be really tough to slide over the knuckle? The ring sizer I'm using has square edges but the ring will be comfort fit, so I know the ring will probably slide on and off a lot easier (the sizer is really difficult to take off.) I've also heard that fingers swell sometimes like in the summer, and since it's winter now, I wonder if I'm choosing too small of a size. I wouldn't mind something a bit snug, but then I worry that I'd need oil to get it over my knuckle.

Any advice? Thanks a ton!

• Rings are supposed to be comfortable to wear but tough to get off AFAIK. Companies like Blue Nile have a paper ring sizer that you download, print on a printer and cut out. It worked well the time I used it when buying a ring for my wife. To put on the ring, use some dish washing liquid, also AFAIK. You might have to gradually move the skin under the ring band.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I did the same thing with my wife JNS a few years ago. When I updated his ring for a birthday gift. I check her finger while she was sleep as she sleeps pretty sound. I guess at the first size and peso it was the correct size yippee. Then it was off to the jewelry store and a couple hours later had a beautiful diamond ring for wife.
      When out driving always turn left. Then, should you become lost, you can find your way home by reversing the procedure and always turning right.

Comment

• Go to any jewelry store and they have rings to size yourself. Just tell them you need to know your ring size and they'll size you right there in the store.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
          "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

01-21-2021, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
        • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
        • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
        Working...
        X