Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mother in law visit

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mother in law visit

Hello, I would like thoughts on this please: I am scheduled to have a hip replacement and my husband wants his mom to come visit/help out with this. My husband and I have a fragile relationship and we came close to divorcing about a year and a half ago. Things got very ugly between us, and both families were affected. So I don't feel comfortable with his mom (we still get along but it's not the same). I absolutely dread having any houseguests because I am a very private person. I can't imagine having major surgery and coming home to someone staying there. I'm so stressed by the idea that it makes me want to cancel the surgery for fear that it will put even more strain on my marriage if I say no to his idea. But I really do need this surgery. I'm not sure what to do!

• Tell him?
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• You really must communicate with him and/or her. If the relationship is so strained that open communication on such a basic thing cannot be had, then seek out some good counseling.

Do you have a counselor that helped you through the difficult time before?

Comment

• Brooklyn
        do you have any friends or neighbors that could drive you to physical therapy?
        would you husband be able to take a few vacation days off to help you after you leave hospital?

if you could set up those two things, then no need for MlL to come

Comment

• You need to tell your husband you're unhappy with the idea of your MIL staying over. It is your home, too, and no one should feel uncomfortable and stressed out in their own home. Be honest with him and say you'll find an alternative solution. It isn't selfish to not want your MIL staying. I'm a private person myself and would be deeply unhappy about such a situation. Talk to your husband and tell him what you've told us. You don't need to worry about his reaction: he should understand and work with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
            say you'll find an alternative solution.
            you can't drive yourself for weeks after said surgery, so husband probably saw MIL as best solution
            it may take lots of coordination but OP could probably find various people to take her to physical therapy

Brooklyn , if you are still reading, have you found any helpers?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

Yesterday, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

Yesterday, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
            • Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

Vanessa R. When I met the guy I've been dating, I actually asked him about his ghosting history the first time we met. He didn't really even know what...

01-15-2021, 03:16 PM By atskitty2

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

01-14-2021, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

01-14-2021, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

Yesterday, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

Yesterday, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
            • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
            • Got a Vulva? Let's talk wanking!

I'm putting together a piece on hands-free masturbation and would love to hear from people with vulvas. I'm looking for quotes or stories about early...

01-03-2021, 01:44 AM By Wednesday L.F.
            • I just want some assurance.

Hello.

So these are questions for all the ladies. For those who engage in anal sex, how many years have you been having it? Have you've had...

12-30-2020, 08:01 PM By yrtxzh5a47
            Working...
            X