Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

daddy/mommy brains

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daddy/mommy brains

forgetful?

just let dog out and see my keys have been in front door since bringing kid to school

last week woke up to find kid's backpack still zipped up...no one, not daddy, kid, or me checked on homework
    so had to be rushed and done before school (night before there was a lot of activities)

however, do parents become forgetful?

• Not just parents, tho it may be worse with them.
    I do the same things, with the most obvious of circumstances. I've put something in the oven, and got involved with something around the house, forgot all about my dish in the kitchen, and then LEFT for the gym. So, the timer doesn't help if you're 2 miles away. I'm not that careless. Thankfully the times I've done it, it has not caused a problem other than wasted food...

Absent-minded is not exclusive to parents or the seniors. It happens to all of us when there's too many things going on and too much to do. We lose our focus. Get distracted.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
      It happens to all of us when there's too many things going on and too much to do. We lose our focus. Get distracted.
      have to agree there
      our kid injured self couple times since Friday and was at a stat care tonight just before they closed
      luckily no splint was needed

I was rushing around and popped my knee somehow and was unable to put any weight on it at all for a while
      luckily it must have popped back in so not hobbling around today like I was yesterday

told kid am going to buy bubble wrap to wrap all of us in for protection

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post

have to agree there
        our kid injured self couple times since Friday and was at a stat care tonight just before they closed
        luckily no splint was needed

I was rushing around and popped my knee somehow and was unable to put any weight on it at all for a while
        luckily it must have popped back in so not hobbling around today like I was yesterday

told kid am going to buy bubble wrap to wrap all of us in for protection
        Be careful running around, Amy...sounds like you almost could have torn your meniscus!

Comment

• posted below
          messed up cause on husband computer

Comment

• Originally posted by a_dub View Post
            Be careful running around, Amy...sounds like you almost could have torn your meniscus!
            do need to be more careful and should not run down hills trying to keep up with our kid
            sometimes act too much like a kid myself

Comment

• I think parents DO become forgetful. It just goes with the territory. I'm not a parent myself, but children are hard work and keeping your eye on dinner and three kids is going to make anyone forgetful!

Comment

• we have to sign our kid's homework every night and whoever remembers is signing the other parent's name too
                in the back of my mind, think this is a bad idea, as now our kid will probably forge our name someday

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• How many sex toys is too many?

My husband went into my nightstand drawer to find a book light, and this is what I hear.
                  "Jeez, how many of these things do you have?!?"...

Yesterday, 06:39 PM By Wednesday L.F.
                • Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:03 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
                Working...
                X