Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am in serious panic mode right now!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I am in serious panic mode right now!

Editor's Note: For the latest discussion on late periods, click here!

Ok so, I received the worst text imaginable today. My GF texted me saying "still no period." The only text that could possibly be worse is a text from her tomorrow that reads: "still no period."

Why is "still no period" such a problem? Because I am worried she is pregnant.

My GF has this app on her iphone that tells her when she will get her period including when she is most fertile. She says it's pretty darn accurate. She even inputs the days she is sexually active to help the calculation. The app said that she should have had her period this past Thursday (May 8th), which was 28 days from her last period. Well, she still has not gotten it.

Now, since May 9th she says she has felt that the period was coming due to certain symptoms she had been feeling over the weekend. I asked her today if she still had those same symptoms, and she said "no"

I think I read somewhere that it is possible for a girl to skip a period when not necessarily pregnant. She is going through finals right now, which can cause stress and delay periods; however, she says she does not feel stressed. She said last year during finals her period was 5 days late due to stress over finals and that she feels much less stress (if any) this year compared to last.

What do you guys think???
    Last edited by Ashlee T.; 02-22-2019, 10:04 AM.
    [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

• Relax. The only routine thing about periods is that they're not routine. Even when you get them for like 5 years in a row at the exact same time, you can suddenly get the next one late or get a light one or even none at all for no good reason. You say you never cum inside her, right?
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• BTW, we want kids, but we are not ready. Her dad is a renowned pastor. He will crucify me if she is pregnant before marriage. Her mom knows we have sex (she says her mom encourages her even, weird), but the dad does not know. He believes we have not done it yet which is ridiculous. We've been together for 3 years.
      [B]"Are you serious? You're [i]bleeping[/I] THAT girl?"[/B][B] - [COLOR="#B22222"]jen1447[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
        Relax. The only routine thing about periods is that they're not routine. Even when you get them for like 5 years in a row at the exact same time, you can suddenly get the next one late or get a light one or even none at all for no good reason. You say you never cum inside her, right?
        I have never cum inside anyone ever. If I did, I used a condom. But even then, I am apprehensive about it and will pull out most of the time with the condom on.

But what about pre-cum??

Comment

• If her period is past due, ask her to take a test. They cost about $1 from any dollar store and are very, very accurate.

It doesn't sound like you did anything that would cause her to become pregnant. And menstrual cycles are tricky animals that basically do whatever they want, whenever they want. So spend the dollar, ask her to pee on a stick, and clear the stress from your mind.
          <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Originally posted by Little View Post
            If her period is past due, ask her to take a test. They cost about $1 from any dollar store and are very, very accurate.

It doesn't sound like you did anything that would cause her to become pregnant. And menstrual cycles are tricky animals that basically do whatever they want, whenever they want. So spend the dollar, ask her to pee on a stick, and clear the stress from your mind.
            Ok, not sure why I thought she had to wait a few weeks for that to work. She says she is not ready for kids but that if it happened it would be "beautiful." She has no idea how freaked I am. I am acting all joe cool about it around her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Something
              But what about pre-cum??
              I take it you get in there unsheathed beforehand? That's always a risk, yeah. I think Little knows more about this than me but I thought the standard recommendation was a week to two after for-sure missing a period. Whatever the case, she's not automatically pregnant lol. Just take the test and ease your mind, and learn your lesson. (Bet you wish you'd bent over instead now! )
              [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• I hate to sound like a jerk, but when my wife tells me she's late I barely pay attention. It's probably why I just realized that she doesn't even bother to tell me anymore. I bought a test a few months ago, but other than that I kind of ignore it.

We don't really want children and she get's nervous on a regular basis. Worrying about periods is a waste of time and energy to me, so I don't participate. Women's cycles would shame the boy who cried wolf with how much they lie. And if they're not lying then it's time to be a man and do what men do. Either way, I don't worry.
                "Those sowing seed with tears
                Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• No need to wait! The minute your period is late (according to the calendar - you only mention symptoms in your post so please ensure it's been 4 weeks ) almost every test on the market, including the very cheapest ones, will be 99%+ accurate. Many are actually accurate in the 90's% during the days before a late period.

The dollar store tests are actually some of the more sensitive tests as I recall. Some can get down to 10 ppm of HcG in the urine - most are more like 100 ppm. The only reason not to test early is if you wouldn't want to know about a very early miscarriage.

Please recall when reading the test that it is a YES/NO result - any faint line in the positive field is a YES, unless it's bleeding ink - which will only happen with + face tests and not the = kind. Throw away the test after you read it. And do NOT dig the test out of the trash after the indicated time has passed - a wet negative result can begin to look like a positive result over time due to the unreacted ink in the test.
                  <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Going to take the test together tonight. So her period is late only a few days. Is that enough time? Late since May 8th.

Comment

• My perception of a possible pregnancy is very real. And I've been going back and forth on this emotionally. A part of me now is sort of hoping the test is positive. It sounds so crazy.

Comment

• It's perfectly normal for anybody who's ever had a pregnancy scare with a half-decent partner. A test should definitely be accurate by now. Good luck!

Comment

• Take it easy Something, periods can be late or they can be early, there is no mathematical date to them all the time. It's only been a few days...

Comment

• 1zecllv.jpg

The results are in!

To give some perspective on my reaction to the news that my GF is late on her period... She had told me that the app is quite accurate, that she always gets her period one day after her mom (mom got it this past thursday), and that the longest she had gone beyond schedule for her period is 5 days. She gave me signals that triggered worry in me. I get it now, predicting periods is like predicting the weather. Periods were just never a hot topic with us.

And while my worry may have seemed unreasonable to many, there was so much at stake (baby included) that it helped induce worry. She needs to finish getting her masters and I can't risk losing her Father's respect and trust. We are grown adults, but she is her dad's only daughter who has strong religious views (which I respect and try to honor). Besides that, there are things we wanted to do before having kids.

While I am relieved, and even given all of the above, I am a little disappointed the test was not positive. Which feels great (if you read my topic in the mental health forum, you will understand why).

Thanks Little and everyone else for your rapid responses.

Comment

• I hope you're feeling somewhat better now ??

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Which is the best way to decrease weight?

Hello!
                                The most important advice that has already been in this discussion is to spend more calories than getting them! I myself adhere to this tactic:...

Today, 08:38 AM By Nate Julia
                              • Reply to Acne

Acne is a most common skin disease. Avoid chemical. Use natural products. Wash your face twice a day. Use lemon juice. It's really work.

Today, 08:25 AM By sarabjot
                              • Reply to Hello

Hello Everyone, I am here new. I am Sarabjot. I am working at Sofat Infertility Centre. I am From Ludhiana , Punjab.

Today, 08:23 AM By sarabjot
                              • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Thank you both soooo much. You both have helped me realise what I know deep down is right. I feel like I want to send you both chocolates !!!!! I have...

Yesterday, 06:29 PM By secretkeeper
                              • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

You've got the right approach, secretkeeper: I am glad I was of help, too.

There is no time in life to waste on people who just don't care...

Yesterday, 02:47 PM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Hello

Hi, Everyone!

Greetings all. I am a new member here

02-26-2019, 04:58 AM By alexcarey
                              • Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

What do I do in this situation? I value all your thoughts here. My husband and I had a couple we spent quite a bit of time with enjoying outings and dinners...

03-22-2019, 01:45 AM By secretkeeper
                              • Whats wrong with my sex?!

I have a question.. Me and my guy have been together almost 5 years. We used to have amazing sex. Now... It's few and far between. Every time he goes...

03-22-2019, 10:25 AM By stateofconfusion
                              • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

03-22-2019, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
                              • Is Childfree Right For Me? Discuss It Here

Are you conflicted with the decision of whether being childfree is right for you? Or, you already know deep inside but are struggling with guilt or pressure?...

03-08-2019, 01:01 PM By Ashlee T.
                              Working...
                              X