Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! I need advise

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! I need advise

I'm 24 & just got married. I dont want to have a baby yet. So I decided to just take birth control pills but Im wondering the side effects if I'll start taking it. Is there a possibility that I cant get pregnant in the future?
    Could anyone help me....

• well there are positive and negative side effects,
    the negative ones are weight gain and the fact that if you are already in a risk category for thrombosis (for example because you are overweight or a smoker, or you have varicose veins), that risk will be slightly increased.

Positive side effect are that your skin will get better, your body hair will be reduced, and your breasts might get bigger (which is a positive thing for most women).

But these side effects can be reduced if you get a lighter version of the pill.

And if you decide that you do want to get pregnant, you just stop taking the pill and you can already get pregnant after the first cycle.

Comment

• Thank you for the advise... yes I do have varicouse veins thats why Im hesitating to use birth control pills.
      My husband & I are thinking a lot of birth control options, we're wondering if using a fertility monitor to predict ovulation time & abstaining during that time if its an effective form of birth control?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

Yesterday, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

Yesterday, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Agreed with all - it sucks, and shouldn't be allowed! LOL...

It's gotten to the point now (sadly I would think...) that I EXPECT the ghosting,...

01-13-2021, 09:18 PM By JonnyR
      • Reply to Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from...

01-11-2021, 06:33 PM By atskitty2

Vanessa R. I have been surprised that more of these kinds of posts don't get some attention too! I think most of the visitors/regulars here are not in...

01-11-2021, 06:15 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X