Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OrthoTri-Cyclen

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OrthoTri-Cyclen

What exactly is the difference between Ortho and Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO? How is it determined which one is best for you? I was on Yasmin, but it got too expensive so I went to Planned Parenthood and was given Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO. The only thing I was asked before given the Lo was about my activity level. Can someone please explain this?

Also since switching to Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO about 5-6 months ago I seem to have more hair loss, something I never noticed while being on Yasmin. Could it be the type of pill I am on now? I am only 22 so I am a little worried about that.

Is it normal to have a monthly period whihle on the pill? Why does it stop for some but not others?

• i was on ortho for five years I never experienced any hair loss. You need to consult a physican to see if the transition from yasmin to orthro has anything to do with your current situation.

While on orthro I had normal cycles but IF i missed to many pills and had to double up on a dose my period would be abnormal

Comment

• I forgot to tell u the difference in orthro and orthro tri- cyclen low is orthro has a higher dosage of hormones than tri- cyclen. You always want to to get a birth control with low dosage of hormones unlees a phsycian tells you otherwise.

if I where you I would find a really good gyno who has time to sit with you and discuss all your concerns you have

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

Yesterday, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

Yesterday, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Agreed with all - it sucks, and shouldn't be allowed! LOL...

It's gotten to the point now (sadly I would think...) that I EXPECT the ghosting,...

01-13-2021, 09:18 PM By JonnyR
      • Reply to Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from...

01-11-2021, 06:33 PM By atskitty2

Vanessa R. I have been surprised that more of these kinds of posts don't get some attention too! I think most of the visitors/regulars here are not in...

01-11-2021, 06:15 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X