Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help ASAP!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help ASAP!!!

i got on the depo in aug 04..i took the shot 2 times and took no more. its been may 06. i have no periods. i have took pills after pills. my doc said just wait and see. i'm tired of waiting. my cuzin is a nurse...she told me to take some kind of scope thing.i dont know what that is. i have problems since i have been on the shot. my back hurts so bad.. i cant hold my son bc of my back.i have gained alot of weight. i go thru depression bc of my weight.. please help me!!!

• Do Not Take Depo!!

I am sorry to hear that you have taken Depo! I do not understand WHY doctors continue to prescribe it. First of all, once you start taking depo, it can take anywhere from a week to ONE YEAR to get your period back. And when you do get it back, chances are that it will be a long time before it is regular again. Depo is not good for you. It puts women into something similar to a menopausal state. I am not sure if you are aware, but Depo causes weight gain, hair loss, and osteoporosis (loss of bone density). There is a warning right on the package about the osteoporosis and that you should not take Depo for more then two years. There are also multiple lawsuits against the makers of Depo!

I took it for 5 years and it ended up making me really sick and I started to go bald at age 20!

Anyway, there is not much you can do now except wait it out. Some times birth control can trigger symptoms of other issues. You might want to see a doctor to be certain you do not having something causing your back pain.

There are more posts on this board about Depo with the specific information and links to more resources that you might want to check out.

Good luck!

Comment

• depo shot

Hi im taking the depo shot and sometimes i may spot but its only for a few hours or so but anyways i had sex without a condom two days ago and i was wondering would i be pregnant........

Comment

• Originally posted by lashawn445
        Hi im taking the depo shot and sometimes i may spot but its only for a few hours or so but anyways i had sex without a condom two days ago and i was wondering would i be pregnant........
        Some women may have spotting while most women have no period at all on Depo. Yes, it is possible that you could be pregnant, but not because you are spotting but because NO birth control method is 100% effective.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

Yesterday, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

Yesterday, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Agreed with all - it sucks, and shouldn't be allowed! LOL...

It's gotten to the point now (sadly I would think...) that I EXPECT the ghosting,...

01-13-2021, 09:18 PM By JonnyR
        • Reply to Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from...

01-11-2021, 06:33 PM By atskitty2

Vanessa R. I have been surprised that more of these kinds of posts don't get some attention too! I think most of the visitors/regulars here are not in...

01-11-2021, 06:15 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X