Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copper IUD, pelvic pain 14 days and now fever

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper IUD, pelvic pain 14 days and now fever

I tried to put a post up here several days ago about the IUD I had put in back in November, but it's hasn't gotten any responses. But, i've been cramping and having lots of pelvic pain. The pain has been going on since January 1st, so for 14 days now...I missed my period for December and my period for January is coming up by the 20th. Today i've felt sluggish and noticed that my body is starting to ache (flu like body ache). This always happens when I get a fever. I took my temp and it reads between 99-100*, if I put it in my left ear it's 99, if I put it in my right ear its 100*...that's not really high but i'm wondering if I am having a complication with the IUD, maybe an infection or worse embedded somewhere in my uterus?

I've spoke to several gynocologists that tell me to wait the pain out as I just got the IUD in November. I'm not hungry as much with all the pain and sometimes eating food makes the pain go from not only my pelvic area but all the way up to the diaphragm. The gynocologists also recommended an ultrasound to make sure the IUD is in the correct position and a pap smear to check for any infections.

i'm not sure if I should just wait out this pain & fever till I can afford to front the bill or go to the ER just in case this is an emergency. My stomach/pelvic area hasn't been the same since the insertion of the IUD. constant pelvic/stomach pain, worse headaches and not sleeping very good as well.

Opinions please?

• ive had 3 mirenas inserted and never had any of these problems
    im assuming an infection all the way back from november is not possible
    however this is your body - doesnt seem right at all

Comment

• No, pap came back normal and no STD's, they said I was a good candidate for it. This is the first copper IUD i've had. If you were having these problems what would you do?

Comment

• well
        health care is free for me... so I guess it is less of an issue
        have they done a pregnancy test? my understanding is that the copper iud isnt supposed to stop your periods
        I dont know if i would go to the er - however i would defiantly be seeing my dr asap

Comment

• yes they did a pg test and I did as well , both came back negative, no pg symptoms at all. I know the copper iud isnt supposed to stop periods, thats why I have been worried.

Comment

• Well, nm to all I said. Finally got the nerve up to go to the doctor. They did a blood and urine pregnancy test. Negative. They did an xray of my stomach and pelvic area. the IUD is where it's supposed to be and it seems there is ALOT of gas around my belly that could be causing all my abdominal pain. So going to take Zantac for the next month. I'm so glad I'm not pregnant!!! Huge relief, now I can rest easy. The ultrasound did show an ovarian cyst in my right ovary but the doctor said it doesn't look big enough to be affecting me (pain in right ovary) I think as i'm getting older my body isn't responding to pain well enough anymore. I used to be able to take pain...Now the slightest bit has me taking some medicine. They also did an entire blood workup and said everything came out normal and I don't have any infections. That's also a relief...but doesn't explain the mild fever's i've been getting off and on for weeks or again my body just isn't responding very well. Oh well. Everything is fine with the IUD, now just waiting on the culture's to come back to make sure there isn't an infection in the uterus that could be causing my periods to stop completely. Thanks for listening!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to have you had sex outside?

thanks for sharing everyone!

we only did it outside twice
              once time was on vacation

it's exciting cause there's always...

05-12-2022, 05:37 PM By amy40
            • Reply to Egg Donation

Vanessa R. Thank you so much for sharing your experience! It sounds like even the screening process is lengthy (which does make sense like you mentioned)...

05-12-2022, 10:45 AM By Zoë T.
            • Reply to have you had sex outside?

Alison H. I agree with the question you raised! Does tent sex count!? The only time I had sex outside was on a camping trip (technically inside) a tent....

05-12-2022, 10:31 AM By Zoë T.
            • Reply to gifts for spouse/boyfriends

I discovered the gift of experiences this past Christmas — I bought a few of them for people because I thought it was SO cool. I'll have to look up...

05-11-2022, 09:57 AM By Alison H.
            • Reply to Underwear or not?

I do — but I'm so prone to UTIs (thanks, menopause!) that I'm afraid not to. I USED to skip underwear years ago, but it's been a LONG time.

05-11-2022, 09:46 AM By Alison H.
            widgetinstance 381 (Latest Topics On Our Forums) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X