Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I missed my final week of birth control

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I missed my final week of birth control

I take Microgestin and I thought I was done with the active pills and turns out I wasn't so I missed the whole final week. I realized this when I was about to throw out my old pack and saw that it had a whole week of active pills left! I was about to start a new pack tonight (Thursday) but now I realize that I'm technically suppose to be on the sugar pills. Because I missed the pills, I got my period last Friday through Monday. I had unprotected sex yesterday (Wednesday) morning. So here are my questions:

-Was I fertile when I had sex? (This was the day that I was suppose to take my last active pill)
    -When should I start my new pack of pills?

• I'd vouch that you are sterile if you had your last day of period last Monday. Wednesday through Friday, on the rhythm method, you should be sterile. I think you can start your new pack now.

Comment

• P.S.

If in doubt, call your doctor or your local pharmacist so that you won't have any second guesses.

Comment

• hey, thanks caterpillar79. i really hope that you are right and i was sterile at the time. as for starting a new pack, i haven't been able to get in touch my doctor so i think i'm just going to wait until my next period to start a new pack. condoms will have to do for now.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X