Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oops! 8 day placebo break... How dangerous?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oops! 8 day placebo break... How dangerous?

Hi all!
    I have a doubt about the placebo week. I admit I do a sloppy work taking my pills, usually forget to take them at the same time everyday, sometimes even miss one so I take two together... But I have been taking them that way for years and never got pregnant.
    Well, this time, I took my 7 day placebo break and the day I was supossed to start the next pack, well, I forgot.
    So basically, instead of 7, I took an 8 day break.
    What are the chances that I got pregnant for just missing that one extra day? I did have sex, I'm newly married so we're in the "sex pretty much everyday" phase.

Thank you for your input!

• Slim. But not impossible. Did you take two the next day after your first missed one? You're probably fine. But set yourself a daily reminder on your phone to start taking your pill. It's crucial you take them properly, else there's little point in taking them at all.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Hi, thanks for your answer! It didn't even occur to me to take 2 the following day, I just started the new pack as usual, and have been taking one daily since then.

Comment

• The only time you should take 2 on the same day is if you forget one the day prior, so in your case you are fine taking the 2 pills on the one day after that placebo week since you should have taken the first pill of the pack the day before. You do have a 3 hour window taking a pill during the day so it is not absolutely crucial that you take your pill at 5:30pm for example, you can take it anytime within 3 hours of that specific time you take yours. It is however absolutely crucial that you take the pills properly and not skip around with times or days, if you know you cannot properly take them then find a new method of birth control because it is only messing up your cycles and pill effectiveness otherwise.
        There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Use a condom for 7 days

Just remember when you skip one day's pill or in case of any doubt (8 day placebo break), you should use a condom when having sex for the next 7 days and you should be just fine.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X