Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NuvaRing

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NuvaRing

Hey guys, new to this (please see welcome!!)

After trying numerous birth control methods, I have just recently started on the NuvaRing. Has anybody else had any experience with it???

The health nurse didnt seem that au fait with it all to be perfectly honest, and was looking for some "first hand" experiences with it!!!!

• I have just started using it as well.. this is my first time ever using birth control, and I put the first ring in on Sunday, two days ago. Yesterday, I felt mostly normal. This morning I woke up with a headache and have thrown up three times. I know it is a lot of adjustment for my body. I'm hopeful that if I get through these early stages that this will be a good birth control method for me. Has anyone else noticed similar symptoms going away after a time? It's discouraging today, but I know it's too early to make a judgment call.

Comment

• Hey, also my first method of hormonal birth control... I put it in on day one of my cycle 2 weeks ago, had a less heavy period but have been spotting every since day 4. Still. 2 weeks on... It's really annoying. I get slight cramps, nothing unbearable. If it goes on another week i'll probably want to give up, but i have the 3 pack so i have to wait it out i guess...SO ANNOYING.
      I'm glad i havn't felt ill (more than normal, i'm ALWAYS nauseated anyway- weak stomach).
      I'd say thats the main side affect so far and it's common when ur new to any hormonal birth control.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X