Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please! Someone tell me if this is normal! (Regarding the Nuva Ring)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please! Someone tell me if this is normal! (Regarding the Nuva Ring)

About 5 days before New Years I came down with quite a nasty yeast infection. I began treating it with a three day treatment kit and removed my Nuva Ring birth control, which I have been on for almost three years now.

I decided that due to the number of issues I had been having due to the Nuva Ring (UTI's, dryness, depression) I would talk to my doctor and see if there is another form of birth control that would be good for me. So a few days after new years I got my period. Lasted around 7 days and then stopped. I did not place a new Nuva Ring in after my period as I have been doing for three years. My doctors appointment is on wednesday.

Ever since my period has stopped I have had very mild, yet annoying, itching. I thought I was getting another yeast infection but I haven't had any cottage cheese yeast and it hasn't gotten any worse. Just a very mild itch. It is super annoying. I've also noticed a ton more discharge than I ever had before. It's not like buckets or anything, but I feel like I am having my period in my panties and it's just discharge. It's clearish/white and thick it does not resemble yeasty discharge at all. It does not have any odor.

I have no pain when urinating, no sores, and no odor, just this mild itch and increase in discharge. I don't know what's going on!

I am sexually active but have been monogamous with the same partner for three and a half years now. Assuming he wouldn't cheat (I trust him and he's just not that kind of guy) what is going on?

Help.Me.

(Thanks.)

• Did you ever find out? Are you doing better?

Comment

• perhaps your acidity is a bit uneven, maybe try acigel- though i'm not sure if that would make your ring defective or not...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X