Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost some of my BC pills

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost some of my BC pills

I'm taking Alesse 28 day pack and I'm currently on my period and taking the white pills. However, I was going out to the store and put a couple of my pills in my coat pocket because I wasn't sure how long I would be. BTW - I cut the pill package up in threes so I could store it where I want to in my room. Once I got home a couple of hours later and it was time to take my pill, I checked the pocket and there was nothing there. I have a feeling that when I took my keys out of the same pocket that it had fallen out in the parking lot. That's my best guess. Basically now I am missing three white pills from my pack (the last three). On Sunday I am supposed to start my new pack with the pink pills. Should I start the next pack tonight or just wait until Sunday and start then? Thanks.

• If I'm reading this right, you are currently on the last week of the 28-day pack and supposed to start a new pack on Sunday with week one. Had you not lost the pills from your pocket, you wouldn't be missing skipping any of the pills that come in your pack. Am I right?

The last week of most BC pills consists of filler sugar pills. These pills have NO hormones in them - they exist only to remind you to keep taking your pills each day. IF Alesse functions the same way (I assume it does, hence the change in pill color,) you should just start your new pill pack on Sunday. Find the booklet of info that came with your pills or call up your pharmacy to double-check.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Yes, you have it right! I'll start my new pack on Sunday! Thanks so much.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X