Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair on neck?!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair on neck?!

Hey everyone. I literally almost died a few minutes ago!! I was cleansing my face and then proceeded to pat my face and neck dry with a towel. While doing this, to my horror, I saw a long, nasty hair coming right out of my neck! It was about an inch long and was located about two cm above and to the left of where a man's Adam's apple would be. I am generally not a very hairy person and have never had problems with facial hair or in this area. I immediately grabbed my tweezers and plucked the hair out. The weird thing is that I never noticed it when doing my makeup earlier in the day as I blend my foundation down my neck and am sure I would have noticed it! Is this because of my birth control?? I'm honestly mortified and extremely worried that this may now become a common issue for me! Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Thanks!
    Last edited by Ives; 02-10-2012, 01:17 AM.

• I've had little stray hairs like this for years. It's very VERY common. While I was on the pill, and even since I've come off the pill. I have 2 that grow in almost that exact same area you described and routinely have to watch for it so I can pluck it. SO annoying!!! Since coming off the pill, I have more "stray" hairs than before. I wish there was something to make them go away and stay away!!
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Thanks! It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one. I would die if my boyfriend saw it! So embarrassing

Comment

• Haha...oh I know...I carry tweezers in my purse and in my bathroom for when I get out of the shower. It's a serious pain in the butt. Especially when your indoor lighting isn't really sufficient and you don't realize you've got one until you're out in the light, like in your car or at work or out somewhere with the bf. haha. Carry tweezers girlfriend.
        "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• LOL Great idea! I'll definitely be doing that :P

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X