Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

othro evra patch

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• othro evra patch

Hi guys, I have been on othro evra patch for a month this saturday. While i have been on it i had my period for 2 and a half weeks. Eventually it stopped and i had sex on the 14th day from when my period started i did not use a condom and my partner says he withdrew. After sex i bled a light pink blood there was quite a bit but only lasted half a day. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Thanks to whoever replies.

• I've never been on the patch, but took hormonal bc for 10 years and I'd say what you're experiencing is pretty normal. I experienced all kinds of weird things while on hormonal bc. One of which was that I would often "spot" after sex. Ask the doctor, he'll tell you that's not a side effect of bc....but it certainly was for me. It sounds to me like you just haven't had time to adjust to it yet, and are still experiencing some spotting.

Did you ask your doctor for how long you should use extra protection once starting the patch?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I rang my docotor and she said its normal to spot I never got around to asking her about bleeding after sex.. She said if i start my patch on the day i get my period no back up contraception is needed so i went with her words.. is it a sign of pregnancy? Im just freaking out thanks for your reply

Comment

• Definitely not a sign of pregnancy. Take a deep breathe, there's no need to freak out!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X