Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

facial hair due to taking birth control pill

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facial hair due to taking birth control pill

hi everyone,
    • i have been taking microgynon 30 for about 9 months now and i have started to notice dark hair all over my face and neck. before taking the pill i didint have much facial hair but now i have noticed hair on my chin and front of my neck. its kind of thick and even my husband has noticed. has anyone else had this problem after taking the pill? please help me i have no clue whats going on and i would really like any advice.
    • thank you

• Hi. This hasn't happened to me before but I know people that have gained facial hair due to taking BC. Whatever you do do not remove the hair. Don't wax, shave or pluck it, just leave it. If you remove it, you will probably have it forever and have to continue removing it. My aunty was told to leave it but she plucked it and now 20 years later she has a lot of facial which she has to have waxed every 2 weeks. If you leave it, it'll most likely go away by itself when you stop taking BC, it might even go away while you're still taking it.
    Or if you're really unhappy about it, maybe you could ask your doctor for a different pill.

Comment

• hi chanelle i know you posted this a while ago but im going through the same thing at the mo caused by the same pill although its not just my face, please could you let me know how it turned out, did the hair go back to normal? im desperate for some advice as you proberly know it knocks your confidence big style!

Comment

• Originally posted by chanelle View Post
        hi everyone,
        • i have been taking microgynon 30 for about 9 months now and i have started to notice dark hair all over my face and neck. before taking the pill i didint have much facial hair but now i have noticed hair on my chin and front of my neck. its kind of thick and even my husband has noticed. has anyone else had this problem after taking the pill? please help me i have no clue whats going on and i would really like any advice.
        • thank you
        Chanelle,
        This post has been awhile, but I was searching for some link between my daughter's bc and facial hair. We have been dealing with this for a few years since before she graduated from high school. Her face is really messed up now, and I don't know what to do. We have tried everything even electroloysis at $50 and hour. I feel so bad for my baby because she has a beard and is self conscious of it, and rightly so. We have not tried laser yet, because I can't afford it, and nothing has worked so far. She was taking ortho tri cyclen lo. If anyone has any suggestions I am open.
        Thanks!

Comment

• Perhaps the best solution to this is to quit taking the pill that is causing it?

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
            I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Today, 09:02 PM By amy40
          • Reply to Butt Eating

So my last post in this thread says unapproved and I think it popped up something about it getting flagged as potential spam when I posted it last night....

Today, 07:30 AM By FeelingWeird
          • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

So I realize that this thread is quite old, but it just got bumped so I saw it and would like to add some things. Daffodils&Cream , if you are still...

Today, 07:12 AM By FeelingWeird
          • Reply to Adding some spice- but what spices do I use?

Start writing to him fantasy emails. My guy works out of town and I was at a lost for texting/sexing and I was always concerned of who might be around...

Yesterday, 08:07 PM By Amlc26
          • Reply to Butt Eating

Thanks for this! I am not huge on sticking things in there LOL, but I love external butt play, both giving and receiving. It feels so amazing, and I am...

Yesterday, 06:11 PM By FeelingWeird

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• extended family sharing

many use FB to share with extended family/friends
            I have no interest in FB, instagram, twitter, etc

do miss secret lounge as a benefit...

Today, 09:02 PM By amy40
          • Butt Eating

So I kinda got roped into a debate elsewhere about whether or not women like eating men's asses. Curious if anyone here has any arguments for or against...

04-06-2021, 07:26 AM By FeelingWeird
          • How do I know? Menopause.

I thought I was safe to go off birth control after a landmark birthday and no periods for a year. Then suddenly, the elevator scene from The Shining....

04-04-2021, 03:19 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • Sex furniture and wedges?

I’m curious to know if anybody is using any support wedges or sex furniture they like? My knees are stiff and painful these days, which is limiting...

04-03-2021, 07:04 PM By Wednesday L.F.
          • My Wife & Orgasm

Hi Ladies,

I've been doing some lurking and reading up on some previous posts, but have not found a definitive answer.

Anyway,...

03-19-2021, 01:15 PM By EmpyNester
          Working...
          X