Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you knwo or use the patch please open...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you knwo or use the patch please open...

Hi well i wanted to know how it is to wear the patch.... i am currently using pills and want to transfer to the patch insted. sounds more easier to deal with and i heard it can regulate your period. i was lookin for any feedback.******.. or thoughts about it. i will really appreciate it. thank u

ps. i heard the patch sometimes makes u loose weight is that a myth? or is it the opposite?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Depends/Not sure
    0%

The poll is expired.

• I have not personally tried the patch, but I wanted to tell you that they both work in pretty much the same ways. So I do not think that you would be any more likely to lose weight, but that's just my opinion. I don't know for sure.

Comment

• well thank u for ur response does any one else have advise or want to show their thoughts?

Comment

• I am on the pill now,after trying both depo and the patch.Both things I thought would be easier,but I had complications and problems with both.I was only on the patch for a week when I started to get heavy pains in my heart.So I went to the hospital and they were caused by the patch,so I immediatly got off of it and have never had the problem since.

However everyone is different,so you may do well on the patch.However me and a few others I know couldn't use the patch,due to problems!

Comment

• not a good choice for me

I had alot of trouble trying to remember to take my pills. I was on the patch for about a year and a half. The adhesive left marks wherever I put it and I found it painful to remove (like removing hospital tape from your skin). And if I sweat it would sometimes come loose.But I kept using it. I had times when I felt like I was going to faint but I was working at night and I have 3 kids so I thought I just needed to rest.I was getting headaches. When I went for an annual physical, my dr told me that my blood pressure was 155/90 (it's usually 110/70). She took me off it immediatly. I am not allowed to have any bc with hormones. A few weeks after that, I read reports that many women are getting blood clots and there are law suits against the company. Now I'm looking for something else. And as far as weight loss, I didn't lose any weight while I was on it. I was told by my gyn that it can make you gain weight.

Comment

• oh wow souns pretty bad hmm i'm not so sure.. i knwo everyone is different but its scary to have a problem like those due to the patch.... makes me wonder....

anyone else have some insight?

Comment

• patch

in my opinion i was on the patch also. Everytime it was time to start a new patch i would get so sick to my stomach.

Comment

• I tried the patch a couple years ago.Guess what happened.I got pregnant on the patch.I am glad now,though.Also,I met a woman at my doctors office that also got pregnant while using the patch.Another thing about it-after you have worn it a few days it starts peeling a little and gets lent on it and starts looking dirty.But,you may like it.Hope this helps.

Comment

• i used the patch before also d/t not remembering to take pill, anyway i got sick, like a nagging nausea just enough to notice, so i had to stop/

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Birth Control & Infertility

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                  • Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

Vanessa R. When I met the guy I've been dating, I actually asked him about his ghosting history the first time we met. He didn't really even know what...

01-15-2021, 03:16 PM By atskitty2

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

01-14-2021, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

01-14-2021, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill ****Yaz**** almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception....

01-16-2021, 11:02 AM By Mr.King

My Wife has recently started a combined Contraceptive pill *Yaz* almost 4 months ago. We are recently married and want a long term Contraception. I have...

01-16-2021, 10:57 AM By Mr.King
                  • Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Hi guys , this is my first post here I’m hoping someone can give me some insight or maybe you have been through something similar an can share ! I’m...

01-08-2021, 04:05 AM By Nikkie92
                  • Got a Vulva? Let's talk wanking!

I'm putting together a piece on hands-free masturbation and would love to hear from people with vulvas. I'm looking for quotes or stories about early...

01-03-2021, 01:44 AM By Wednesday L.F.
                  • I just want some assurance.

Hello.

So these are questions for all the ladies. For those who engage in anal sex, how many years have you been having it? Have you've had...

12-30-2020, 08:01 PM By yrtxzh5a47
                  Working...
                  X