Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

off depo shot when will my period come back!? Xx

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• off depo shot when will my period come back!? Xx

its been nearly or over a week since i was due my second depo
    i didnt bleed only spot a couple of times on the depo
    this was my one and only shot ... iv been getting mild cramps and lots of discharge sorry for tmi
    but im wondering with it been my only shot when would my period be likely to come back
    i want to go on another birth control but want my body to have a normal cycle before i do because i was on the coil
    for 4 years then had depo the same day the coil was removed and want to a normal period just for a few months .. i didnt think id say this but i want a normal period haha
    any way any advice appreciated
    can any one share there experiences on what happend while coming off the nasty depo shot! thanks XxxX

• I've known people who started the month after they quit depo, and others who didn't have a period for up to 6 months after. A friend, who was on it for 10 years, was periodless for 6+ months after going off the shot. It sounds like your body is readjusting. Give it some time.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Since you only had one shot it probably won't be long. Probably a couple months or less. It is possible though to not have a period for many months to even a year when you come off hormonal birth control of any kind but it's less likely when you haven't taken it long.

Comment

• hiya and thank you for the replys .....me and my partner had sex on thursday night by friday morning i was having cramps went to the loo and there was a bit of fresh blood sorry for the tmi ....but iv had mild cramps since no bleeding other than the little bit on friday im having hot sweats and feeling so grumpy...i think my partner has had enough we just want this depo out of my system.... from now on im going hormoan free i just want to feel my normal self how long should it take to leave my system is there any thing i can do to get it out faster

thank you

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X