Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EC Fist time use

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• EC Fist time use

Yesterday I took emergency contraception for the first time, you know the 'morning after pill'. Usually I'm pretty sensible and use condoms. Anyway so this part is probably TMI; we finished, you know used a condom and all that. But he sort of "double dipped" (lol sorry terrible phrasing). By itself I wouldn't be too worried but I'm pretty much ovulating so if there was any sperm on there then my chances of getting knocked up are fairly good (or bad lol). I was so nervous. I made him come with me to the chemist and he had to pay for it.
    I was terrified by the side effects and all that. I had nothing. It made no difference to my physically. Emotionally however. I cried. A lot. It goes against my nature, I'm not against abortion or anything but I couldn't do it myself. Taking the morning after pill just felt wrong to me. Sensible but wrong. I feel dirty somehow.
    I don't know how to deal with all these emotions. It seems bizarre that something so hormonally brutal feels like nothing.
    Has anyone else had to use EC? What was your experience? Did you feel okay about it? I'm totally not judging anyone btw, like this is just how I feel about it.
    You're a song written by the hand of God - Shakira (Underneath Your Clothes)

• The only thing you aborted was the opportunity for sperm to reach your egg. Try not to feel badly about being a responsible adult. This might also explain your light bleeding you mentioned. The morning after pill can really set your hormones out of whack, so be prepared for some weird stuff (including possibly being extra emotional!) until your next cycle begins. Cramps, spotting, bloating, moodiness, etc.

I haven't used it. Only because I have never felt the need to, but I completely would if I had a slip up with someone I wasn't ready (or didn't want) to have a baby with. I got off hormonal BC because it just messed me up entirely, so I always figured the morning after pill would do the same.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Beautiful Disaster is correct, the morning after pill only creates and environment inside your uterus so that conception can never happen. It will not do anything except create this hostile environment so don't feel that you have aborted anymore than if you had been on birth control pills.
      That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• Thanks Beautiful Disaster and Claret. It's been a rough emotional few days, hormonal stuff affects me quite badly. I'm organizing a copper IUD today.
        You're a song written by the hand of God - Shakira (Underneath Your Clothes)

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X