Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pregnant on the pill?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Pregnant on the pill?

Hello!
    I'm a 20 year old, sexually active woman and have been on the pill for 2 and a half months (I'm mid way through my third packet). I became worried a few days ago that I may be pregnant; I have sore breasts that feel bigger, spotting (though I missed 2 pills a few days ago and since the spotting the bleeding had gotten heavier for the past 2 days- I haven't had sex within this time) and headaches. But when I took a pregnancy test, it's coming up negative. Is there a chance I could be pregnant despite the bleeding, or are these common occurances when taking the pill?
    I know you can have break through bleeding if you miss some pills, and I have heard that the hormones can make your breasts grow, but is it normal to just start 2 months in?

Thank you for any help!

• Hi GLizLoony. Welcome to WH! Have you consulted your ob/gyn or doctor about the missed pills? Did you miss the pills around the time you last had unprotected sex or was it a while after?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I don't think you're pregnant. I think your body is reacting to the new hormones you're getting from the pill. It's very common to have wonky/messed up cycles while on the pill, especially for the first 3-6 months. I can't recall, but I believe if you miss two pills aren't you supposed to start a new pack? Or perhaps it is if you miss the third pill. Your doctor can tell you that.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X