Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after implanon expires can you get pregnant?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• How long after implanon expires can you get pregnant?

A friend of mine has this birth control in her arm and hasn't had it removed but it's been expired since early January. She called to have it removed but they refused to do so without first giving her a physical, but they didn't have any openings for that until April.
    Anyway, her husband forgot that he had to start pulling out again... The way she talks that happened a few times! Just wondering if it protects longer than it says it does. She isn't overweight or anything, from what I've read that plays into the equation...

• just looked at an information site for a birth control implant

Comment

• I love you already, Amy! Very helpful! Anyway, thank you so much. Where did you find that? I feel like I looked all over online and couldn't find anything that quite fit her situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smarsh93 View Post
        I love you already, Amy! Very helpful! Anyway, thank you so much. Where did you find that? I feel like I looked all over online and couldn't find anything that quite fit her situation.
        your welcome!

it was about nexplanon, you can probably find it by adding dot com
        Implanon is being phased out and replaced with nexplanon

took out the info from above post since you can look up info now/pass on info
        your friend may want to call Dr with any questions re pregnancy risk since she can't get in right away

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X