Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skipping the placebo pills, good or bad idea?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skipping the placebo pills, good or bad idea?

I'm on the last two weeks of my seasonale pack before I hit the placebo pills. and I'm wondering if it is okay to skip the placebo pills?

About three weeks ago I had started having constant breakthrough bleeding, like I was at the beginning or end of my period, I had it for about two weeks 12-16 days. And after that I've been having brown discharge which I'm chalking up being leftover/old blood from the breakthrough bleeding. (I'm not experincing any symptoms other then the discharge)

So my question is since I've been technically having my period for over three weeks now, is it okay if I skip the placebo pills since I'm less then two weeks away from starting it. I'm kind of worried that since I might not have a period during the placebo pills I'm worried about the risk of getting preganet, and I'm wondering if I take the placebo pills with out a period if it will cause me to experience more breakthrough bleeding during my next pack due to the fact that I won't be taking the actual bc pill for seven days?

I've heard of women skipping the placebo pills for various reasons, wedding, vacation, or don't want their period etc.. Has anyone had any personal experience with this or know anything about it?

Also the other thing is with Seasonale I won't have the placebo pills for another three months. However if I've technically already had my period, is that really a problem? (seasonale you're (eventually) only suppose to have four periods a year)

• It's not going to make a difference if you take the placebo or not. A placebo is a pill that has no effect on your body and has no actual medication in it. It is only there to help you keep in the habit of taking your pills every day. If you did not take a pill every day, you would be more likely to forget the ones with the medication in them. So taking a placebo is pretty much like not taking anything at all.

However, it is highly recommended that you take everything as directed by your doctor.

Comment

• I was told the same thing.There is no medication in those.They are just to help you stay on track.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

Yesterday, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

Yesterday, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Agreed with all - it sucks, and shouldn't be allowed! LOL...

It's gotten to the point now (sadly I would think...) that I EXPECT the ghosting,...

01-13-2021, 09:18 PM By JonnyR
      • Reply to Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from...

01-11-2021, 06:33 PM By atskitty2

Vanessa R. I have been surprised that more of these kinds of posts don't get some attention too! I think most of the visitors/regulars here are not in...

01-11-2021, 06:15 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X