Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Implant..Help?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Implant..Help?

I have had the nexplanon implant in for around two and a half years now, I have recently started experiencing side effects which I havent had before. I have read elsewhere that it may lose its effectiveness towards the end of the 3 years, has anyone else experienced this?

• Have you called your doctor's office to talk it over? Start there, see if they recommend removal early, or if it could be another hormonal issue you're having.

Comment

• Thank you, I am going to call first thing in the morning and take it from there, just quite concerned as I have symptoms I haven't experienced before (apologies for tmi, but like really painful breasts etc.)

Comment

• No worries...painful boobies isn't TMI darlin', that can be quite miserable!...

It could be hormonal changes caused by or unrelated to the implant. It's a little odd to begin side effects this long after the implantation.
        Your doc or nurse should be able to help you make sense of it all.
        Where are you in your cycle?

Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!

Comment

• Thank you. I don’t usually have one however had about three days last week and have been spotting this week. It’s just not really normal for me. Bit worrying.

Comment

• Probably nothing to worry about but some changes to be aware of and possible adjustment to be made.
            Let us know how things turn out.

Comment

• Thank you, I have called the doctors and they are sending me for further tests however they think it may be related to the implant
              they have reassured me that this should not alter the effectiveness of the implant though xx

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
              • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
              • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
                I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
              • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
              • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
                Mistress Of All Evil
                Poor Unfortunate Soul
                The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
              Working...
              X