Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spotting?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spotting?

I went on a camping trip recently and I wanted to skip my period, so I went straight to the next pack of pills. I'm supposed to be getting my period next wednesday...but recently started spotting today. is this normal? I'm not supposed to be bleeding until my sugar pills...what should i do? am i still safe to have sex?

• You should not take your pills in any way other then as directed! By taking them improperly, you are throwing off your hormonal balance and it is unhealthy for you. I do not recommend you do that again.

As for the spotting, yes it is normal. Your cycle may be irregular for some time because you threw off your hormonal balance. Don't be suprised if your period does not go as expected.

Continue to take them as you normally would and do not switch up again. It can take some time for your cycle to balance back out again.

Comment

• but i thought this was normal (skipping periods)? i heard alot of women do it like on their wedding day or on a special occasion, and alot of my friends have done it....without any complications. i'm confused? because my nurse said that it isn't unhealthy as long as i don't constantly do it.....

Comment

• I honestly do not think it is healthy to have your bod's hormones up and down and out of balance all the time. There may not be any immediate signs of damage, but logically... it is not healthy. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a bad idea. Your statement is kind of like smoking... many people smoke and never get cancer... but that doesn't make it safe.

I am not saying that you will keel over and die from it or develop cancer or anything. It just doesn't seem healthy to me. Remember, I am not a doctor or anything.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Have you ghosted someone?

I truly appreciate the insight and feedback, JonnyR , especially coming from a guy. I've been fortunate enough in recent months to come across a few "rare...

Yesterday, 01:38 PM By Vanessa R.

Very true atskitty2 ! You bring up a good point about how easy it is for someone to walk away in all facets. Of course, the fact that there are people...

Yesterday, 12:21 PM By Vanessa R.

Agreed with all - it sucks, and shouldn't be allowed! LOL...

It's gotten to the point now (sadly I would think...) that I EXPECT the ghosting,...

01-13-2021, 09:18 PM By JonnyR
        • Reply to Opinions needed please ! HPV/bartholin cyst??

Are you absolutely certain the discharge is coming from somewhere besides the vaginal opening? And is that a change, or has it always been coming from...

01-11-2021, 06:33 PM By atskitty2

Vanessa R. I have been surprised that more of these kinds of posts don't get some attention too! I think most of the visitors/regulars here are not in...

01-11-2021, 06:15 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X