Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have Unprotected Sex while She's taking Combined Contraceptive Pills since 10 days?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have Unprotected Sex while She's taking Combined Contraceptive Pills since 10 days?

Hi everyone
    I'm new member here.
    We have recently married. I have had sex with my wife on 21 September 2020 but i didn't ejaculate inside her i used pull out method but still we were afraid of pregnancy so I gave her emergency Contraceptive pill(ECP), after 14 days or less she started bleeding quite thick and sticky and looked like vaginal tissues have been broken, It was probably because of morning pill. So on her 4th day of her cycle We visited the clinic on 8 October 2020(Thursday). We consulted with Dr regarding contraception and She recommended Yaz Tablets, It was a 4th day of her menstruation cycle and Dr said we can start pills right away, but we didn't started on the same day.
    ??????My wife started taking Yaz pills on 14 October 2020(Wednesday night).
    Technically We should have started pill on Monday as it is written on the pack that 1st day pill on Monday.But she started on Wednesday. She took the pill of day 1 on Wednesday instead of Monday .
    Kindly let me know Is it safe to take 1st pill on Wednesday and not on Monday.Are all the hormonal pills are same irrespective of the days or number written on it? Or the composition of every pink hormonal pill is different?
    ???
    Secondly I want to ask that Since she started taking pills, she is taking them regularly between 8:30 pm and 8:45pm everyday . It's been 10 days now she's on pills. Now is it safe to have unprotected sex?
    Is coitus interruptus necessary or not while she is taking pills. Thanks.

• Call the prescriber, or your pharmacist for direction on that, or read the package insert. There's a lot going on there, so you really need specific information. I'm not really comfortable saying for sure that she's protected from pregnancy with all those details.

Comment

• Science says ater 7 days the pill is effective. I would still proceed with caution though because the pill is not 100% effective. Consult with your physician too...they may advise wearing a condom inititally.
      Last edited by Alison H.; 10-31-2020, 10:25 AM. Reason: outbound link removal

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X