Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shave or Wax

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shave or Wax

hi all

i dont know what to use for private area shave by razor or waxing?? i hared that waxing more than the pain it causing.... for long term it causes problems and diseases??

thanx
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 06-28-2009, 11:18 PM.

• Bikini line waxing is generally fine as long as you get it professionally done by a reputable salon.

If you want to try shaving then the body trimmers are a good idea to avoid cutting yourself.

Veronique
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 06-28-2009, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Wax the triangle area which is below your tummy, shave everything that is between your legs.

I do that, and I find waxing the rest hurts way too much.

And ive been doing it for a year

Comment

• Not to shave

Hi,
        I shaved my private area once before and it itched when it grew back. I say don't shave it at all.

Comment

• Hi

I woudnt recommend saving, i started off using small Julienne bikini wax strips for the triangle part it hurt a bit the first time but you get used to it. If the hair is long cut shoter it before waxing. I now use a hard microwave wax (julienne hard wax might only be in australia), its a bit more tricky then the strips but i prefer it.

Comment

• I just shave.

I mean, yeah at first it itches, but honestly, if you keep it up and shave at least every other day, the itch goes away completely.

At first it helps if you trim way down before shaving. But after that, just keep the shaving up. It costs less, and in the end is way less trouble.

Just remember to shave with the hair, never against; that's an easy way to get razor burn, which is a to get rid of.

Furthermore, when you shave, to get closer, pull your skin away from the razor as you do so. I know that may sound weird, but I've found that I get a much closer shave.

Comment

• I was a little scared to try the brazilian wax, but once I did I have never looked back. Hands down, even though it hurts a bit, I was really happy with it because it was cleaner, and it lasted so much longer.

The trick is finding someone who can do it properly....that is definately a challenge. But just a tip in case you do decide to try doing a brazilian: make sure that whoever your waxer is they pull the skin tight in the area they are placing the wax and still pulling it tight when they pull the strip off. Hurts WAY less! I also heard that there is a spray that "numbs" the area, but I have never tried it.

Comment

• how do i get hair free for weeks

i use a razor mostley, i tried that veet cream, slapped on and left it then massaged it in then washed it off, my legs were rather sore when i had a bath, it's as if my skin is rather delicate with that product.

after shaving, the next day i've got sfubble, how can you keep your legs hair free for weeks, i'm humming and harring about waxing, if it keeps them hair free i might try it

Comment

• I shave totally down there and have been doing for about 5 yrs now as i cant stand hair down there plus my DH prefers it shaven

I shave down there once a day its abit of a pain but feels and looks so much nicer

Comment

• I dont know what you've been hearing about diseases from waxing!!!

Shavings good

Comment

• I shave personally, too afraid to wax... **shudders** but to do it every other day?!?! ouches.... how to you keep from bleeding? Shaving away doesn't hurt, your right, but it doesn't make it smooth either.... I shave about once a week, I have to deal with the itching, but it hurts less when shaving it smooth.

so, how can you shave every other day with out it hurting?

Comment

• shaving is better than a hair removal cream.because private area hair are more harder than legs and arms. i done it after a week. but after three or four days it is more painful because it is more irritating and itching. it is shameful.

Comment

• Originally posted by white angel View Post
                          hi all

i dont know what to use for private area shave by razor or waxing?? i hared that waxing more than the pain it causing.... for long term it causes problems and diseases??
                          If I knew where to go and could afford it, I would definately try waxing because I know there are spots I miss with the razor.

Comment

• I shave the whoooo-haaaaaaa more then I shave my legs! hahahahahaha No really.... with every shower I run the razor over the whole area.

Comment

• For a while I thought about waxing.shaving was becoming too much of a hassle. But with lots of practice...recently I've gotten the hang of it and I'm much pleased with the out come. U can always use baby oil after bathing.and powder helps the itching I've come to find out thanx to CW. shave downward.NEVER aainst the hair. I shave every time I bathe or shower and I feel squeeky clean and compfortable!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                              Working...
                              X