Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

smooth away??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smooth away??

has anyone tried this? i've seen the infomercials and they set up a booth at my mall, but i was wondering if anyone here has used it, and what you all have to say about it.
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 04-08-2009, 03:17 AM.

• ok looks like the video didn't work. lol. anyway, smooth away is a set of pads that have "super fine crystals" that are supposed to "buff away unwanted hair". you're supposed to rub it in a circular motion and it's supposed to remove hair easily and without pain.

Comment

• well you didn't add a link so i couldn't see but what ever it was, would have been an advertisement for some company and unfortunately that's not allowed, on this site, perhaps read the site rules.

That was mumbo jumbo.. but commercials are called "ADVERTISING" which, is not allowed.

Sorry...

Welcome again,

Read the rules.

Enjoy.

CW
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• i would like to apologize. i did not mean to advertise this product. i merely wanted to show the video so others know what the product is. i was in no way, shape, or form promoting the product, if anything i was being skeptical, hence, asking other for their opinions about it. also i read the rules, and have re-read them due to the previous post and i don't see where is says i broke the rules, seeing as i wasn't PROMOTING the product, nor did i post a link "driving traffic away from the site". i assure you it won't happen again, however, i would like to request an update of the rules so this doesn't happen again.

"SPAM/Advertising
        All members are FORBIDDEN from any sort of self-promotion, advertising of products or services, and driving traffic away from our site by means of linking to external sites (even if related to women's health). Anyone who does this, will be immediately banned with no warnings!"

Comment

• SPAM/Advertising
          All members are FORBIDDEN from any sort of self-promotion, advertising of products or services, and driving traffic away from our site by means of linking to external sites (even if related to women's health). Anyone who does this, will be immediately banned with no warnings!"
          If we thought you were doing it for the purpose of spam not showing people what your thinking the rules would have applied, banned.

Purely and simply I have highlighted the situation for you.

No apology required, you are trying to provide information where others, clearly do what you do as an ADVERTISEMENT...

Product name can be mentioned, product itself can be mentioned, pictures of product which shows the name of the company can be construed as "advertising"...

CW

Comment

• Ok. I see what you're saying. Thank you for the clarification.

Comment

• Sooooooo less work for us

You do but have good advise for the girls........

So keep going...

Comment

• i dont know if this is advertising but it does work pretty good, not on the bikini though ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by meggo View Post
                  i dont know if this is advertising but it does work pretty good, not on the bikini though ouch
                  that's actually what i was afraid of. to be honest, it seems like they're using the same concept as sand paper :/

Comment

• tried it, hated it. It worked but it left me so irritated and sore , worse than shaving. At first I thought it was amazing because it really does work, maybe I rubbed too hard but I won't be using it again. My skin could barely tolerate panties for 2 days, it was like really bad rug burn. Its almost like using a nail file to just file away the hair.
                    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• oh man! that sounds awful! i'm definitely going to stay away from this one!

Comment

• aww how disappointing! i was really interested in this product! shucks!

Comment

• Thing is it really works as described, but once i started using it I realized it pretty much is just a peice of sandpaper with a cute pink handle attached lol. The results were super smooth but I didn't get to enjoy them because by the time I could even tolerate the area being touched, hair was already growing back.. so I went back to my standby ladies electric razor. The hair grows back for me faster than shaving, so I pretty much have to do it everyday.. but the results are 24 hours of total smoothness, no bumps no unslightly redness and no irritation.
                          Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• i think this is just an old idea - revisited as i tried something similar many years ago. it was called hair away, but when i tried it it was very similar to sand paper. gave me no joy!!

Comment

• I tried "Smooth Legs" which is the same thing I think ... got it on ebay so it might be a knock off.

It actually worked ok on the legs for me but it took a LONG time and was a lot of work. The legs didn't get iritated but the armpit area did. I'd rather shave.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
                              • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
                              • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
                              • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
                              • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                              Working...
                              X