Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brazilian wax

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brazilian wax

how painful is it the first time on a scale of 1 to 10 ,, 10 being the most painful,,, how long does it usually last,, and is there a possibility for ingrown hairs that way,, like wen you shave? im ust curious bc i was thinkin bout doing that,, but kinda nervous about how painful that will be in that area lol,, plus a little shy with sumone i dont know touchin me over there lol,,

• Hmm depends on your pain level hun.

I know my friends who go do it all the time and they have like no pain because they've done it so much. IT's possible to have ingrown hairs... you should just exfoliate with a gentle scrub around the higher areas... And make sure to keep it clean.. and it takes about 3-4 weeks to grow back..
    NowStrongerWithinMyself

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

• I had my first one about a week ago and towards the top it hurt like crazy, but I was relaxed, had my Ipod in my ear and afterward it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. I'm happy I did it because since it's summer I feel fresher and cleaner. in comparison to shaving, the results last so much longer..maybe I have fast hair growth but I know if I shave, I will see stubble in about 3 days, but since I waxed, it's been about a week and I"m still silky smooth. I think u should try it out, take pill beforehand if you take painkillers, relax, breathe..and wear a sundress that day..cause the breeze will feel sooooooooo good ^_^.

Comment

• I agree with Lost...it really depends on how much you can tolerate. The other factor is if you have a good waxer.

Just a tip....the longer the hair, the more it will hurt, so if you need to maybe trim it down a touch before going in.

I have never tried the painkiller suggestion, so I have no comment on that, but it does seem like a good idea!

Comment

• How often do you ladies suggest getting it done?

Comment

• I would say on average about every 6 weeks...give or take....

Comment

• i think if you're very nervous the first time can be a little painful. having said that, it's only a 2 on the pain scale. like someone else said, make sure the hair is short when you get it done, if the wax doesn't reach the skin it will very extremely painful coming out. it grows back finer, softer and you will go less frequently over time. you get very used to it, only takes about 15 minutes and yes you might get an ingrown hair but you can just tweeze it right away. "that area" is not as sensitive as you might think. the lips you barely even feel

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
              • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
              Working...
              X