Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Help Help! (Please!) Bum Hair?!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Help Help! (Please!) Bum Hair?!

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site, and I was reading up on a few threads about this general topic but I'm still putting this out there.

When I was 13, I noticed some body hair coming through. We're talking stomach, back, and worst of all, bum. Obviously this is part of my heritage (I'm half Portuguese, but light skinned) So I shaved it all. In retrospect it was a bad idea, but I didn't know better and DEFINITELY won't talk to mom about it.

I'm now 18 and, when I got fed up with my stomach hair being so dark and noticeable against my skin, I used some Nair cream to see what the result would be. My treasure trail is still there, I think I'm just going to stick to trimming it, but otherwise, the hair is now lighter and, though still noticeable, doesn't make me feel so self-conscious.

What DOES make me feel self-conscious, though, is my bum. It's pretty bad. I thought I'd shave it again a few years later, so now the hair is darker, thicker, and looks SO nasty. It's worse because my sister keeps pointing it out to me! And it's not just between the cheeks (i.e., pubic hair), it's on the cheeks, too.

My boyfriend is an man but I'm scared to death of letting him see or touch it, since I myself am not even comfortable with touching my bum when I'm masturbating.

I thought about using my Nair cream again, but I'm not sure...

Any opinions? Please!
    True beauty is something natural; not covered in make-up or ironed straight.
    You are the way you are, and & that's beautiful.

Caitlin Renee

• Sorry, I meant to say **my boyfriend is a bum man!
    True beauty is something natural; not covered in make-up or ironed straight.
    You are the way you are, and & that's beautiful.

Caitlin Renee

Comment

• Hey Caitsaur!

Well there was me thinking I was the only woman in the world with bum hair!! Lol!! I use nair on my belly as well. It grows back lighter, I used to shave it, but I was giving my partner a run for his money in the belly hair department!! lol! Have you got hair on your lower back too? I have.

As for the butt, I have shaved it before, but now I don't bother, too much work! I've been with my partner for 3 years now, and for the first two years I wouldn't let him anywhere near it, except when I was wearing pants, but no way if I was naked! But eventually I just got sick of hiding it, and just told him that I'd a hairy and was very ashamed of it. And guess what he said?? "Ya I know" So all my efforts were useless! He loves me the way I am. Hopefully your boyf will be as understanding.

I've never used Nair on my butt, I'd say it would be alright on the cheeks not sure about between. Have you thought about getting it waxed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lady_Lav View Post
        I've never used Nair on my butt, I'd say it would be alright on the cheeks not sure about between. Have you thought about getting it waxed?
        OMG I can't imagine how painful that would be in between. A brazillian is misery enough.
        Do not dwell in the past,
        do not dream of the future,
        concentrate the mind on the present moment.

-Lord Buddha

Comment

• It doesnt matter! Just pretend!! Go like

Guy: Wanna have it?
          You: Okay one second **go to the washroom!**
          **come back 1 minute later** OMFG.
          Guy: wat?
          Me: I didnt realize I hit puberty down there! i got bum hair
          Guy: I dont mind (trust me he'll say that)
          Me: Im so sorry im so embareesseed....
          Guy: its okay i got some too

Dont do anything about it, girls hair always fades sometime....well for some girls...leave it and act like u never knew after u do whole speach to ur guy trust me i got a fuzzy peach down there too

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
          • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
          • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
          • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
          • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X