Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no method of hair removal effective!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no method of hair removal effective!

Hi, first time posting, I wanted to ask a question here I would be too embarrased to ask my friends or family. It's summer and of course that means baring my bikini line and maybe some "summer loving" as well. But I'm finding that if I shave my pubic hair, I get red bumps and it only shaves down to the stubble (even using a new razor, shaving cream and "bump eraser") so I tried using hair removal cream which I use on my legs, but it didn't get everything and I ended up shaving again, with more irriation. I tried waxing today and it got rid of the hair on my bikini line quite well, only it made me so sore and irritated my skin so much that using aloe vera on it and wearing underwear hurt! Should I just give up and just keep it trimmed? I know it's just as healthy but is it a complete turn off for guys?

• Keeping it trimmed is totally fine!
    I mean, as long as you are clean and tidy, it's okay!

Shaving there completely irritates the area for me as well. I only trim now.

Comment

• Hello there
      Welcome to the forum
      If waxing irritates your skin then rather stick to trimming and if your main concern is if it'll turn off guys then i must tell you that it certainly wouldnt worry most of them.

I know some men who dont like it when women shave or wax down there and some that do, it comes down to preference but do whats comfortable to you.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
      • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
      • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
      • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
      • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
      • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
      Working...
      X