Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some advice? Please?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice? Please?

Alright, a little information about myself to start this off. I'm a fourteen year old girl, and my problem is body hair (Hence where I'm putting this thread).
    I've had a boyfriend for nearly a year, and this has done wonders for me, but at the same time it's also made me a lot more aware of myself. Now, I'm not intending on having sex if that's what you're thinking, but really, what girl my age doesn't think about it? Of course it's crossed my mind, and of course when I look at myself in a mirror I always wonder what he would think.
    I have hair around my naval and spreading outward just a bit, but it doesn't lead into one of those happy trails (thank god), but it does go upward and I have hair around my breast which is just unsightly. I've once put cream on my stomach over the summer before (it was actually on accident, but it worked out quite well) and I enjoyed the result, but I never did it again because it lasted long. However, the hair that grew back was a bit darker. Also, I always wore shorts over the summer when swimming because I do have a tad bit of hair that's hard to reach with a razor just around my butt going up from the very top part of the back of my thighs. And... well, yeah, on my butt. I'm well-figured, and not to be conceited but I'm not really that ugly. However, the hair is unattractive.

I have hairy arms, though... I really don't mind that much, I've had it all my life and it never really bothered me. On top of that I'm a bit of a tom-boy, so this stuff truly doesn't usually bother me. But like I said, a boyfriend has done wonders for me, but at the same time made me very aware.

I've had hair on my upper lip too, but I shave that. I've been doing so since seventh grade. Will that ever effect me badly in the future?

And one other place I have hair would be my lower back, I've never once attempted to touch it with a razor or cream of any sort, and I didn't notice it until the end of summer. My boyfriend didn't seem to mind if he saw it, but still, once I saw it... it bothered me.

And I'm not done yet, my apologies. My pubic hair. There's... quite a lot. I've shaven it (not for sex, but... mainly just for myself because I don't like the way it looked) but it's a tad hard to shave down there. Any tips?

In short, is there any way a fourteen year old girl like myself can rid herself of hair in places like I've mentioned?

• I am very impressed with your topic ...
    But if the situation as you say,
    Try Laser

Comment

• Hi MM

Not the best at this subject but until someone else posts:

This problem is more common than anyone would admit

For your top lip look for 'Jolen' it's a bleach better than shaving. Think you should avoid shaving your face. Alternatives for the face are Wax or Threading

Think Laser's going to be too expensive for someone who's 14.

Try waxing better you go somewhere professional at least to start so you can pick up tips and techniques

Shaving you lady areas are ok it's just a pain waxing could be alternative but you need to keep the costs down

Laser is the best for dark hair but this is something for later

Hair arms on girls is ok IMO

Hope this helps

Fb

Comment

• Yup, I think Laser is too expensive so you may try some hair removal cream or Vaniqa which is not as expensive as Laser procedure.
        One body healthy info is a treasure of a Lifetime...

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
        • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
        • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
        • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
        • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
        Working...
        X