Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bikini Waxing

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bikini Waxing

I'm going to book one but I've never had one before I usually use hair removal cream. How long does it last? I know it probs hurts like and since they do the edges do they also trim the other hair (like the middle part)? Cause I'd like that trimmed to or do I have to do that myself?
    "Where Bright Lights and Angels meet.."

• Waxing could generally cause you discomfort, but then it also depends on your tolerance level when it comes to pain. The pain doesn't last that long. You can take acetamenophen before you do the waxing. With a trained and skillful esthecian, you will just experience minimal discomfort. And hair grows back in about 4 weeks depending on how quick your body sheds its dead cells.

As for the middle part, you could ask your esthecian to do it for you or you can do it yourself prior to getting waxed and just have her do the retouch.

Good luck...and don't forget to exfoliate later.

Comment

• Originally posted by caterpillar79 View Post
      Waxing could generally cause you discomfort, but then it also depends on your tolerance level when it comes to pain. The pain doesn't last that long. You can take acetamenophen before you do the waxing. With a trained and skillful esthecian, you will just experience minimal discomfort. And hair grows back in about 4 weeks depending on how quick your body sheds its dead cells.

As for the middle part, you could ask your esthecian to do it for you or you can do it yourself prior to getting waxed and just have her do the retouch.

Good luck...and don't forget to exfoliate later.
      acetamenophen What's that?
      "Where Bright Lights and Angels meet.."

Comment

• It's a pain reliever. You can take ibuprofen or aspirin, depending on what you use for pain.

When I had my first wax, I did not take any pain medicine.

Comment

• I had my first proffessional bikini wax a couple of years ago.
          I hadn't waxed at all before, just shaved.

It was sore yeah, mostly only when they pull the wax strip off. Although I was really red and sore for a few days afterwards. And they didn't get all of the hair. I was told that when you have it done the first time your hair is different length, cause the newer and older hairs are mixed. Also when you go back the next time you only have new softer hair and it apparently doesn't hurt as much. I never went back though, cause the pain and redness was unpleasant. I don't want to pay that much money for such discomfort.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
          • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
          • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X