Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use hair removal cream on my face?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use hair removal cream on my face?

So I know I'm not the only one with a bit of extra facial hair. I'm just wondering, since someone said in another thread that it's not recommended to wax or pluck this hair, is it ok to use a hair remover cream on the face? I wouldn't be using it all over my face, just on the top lip and chin/neck parts.

Does hair removal cream affect your regrowth - either making it thicker or darker like shaving does, or finer and slower-growing like waxing?

• I personally use depilatory creams (specially made for the face) that u put on for 3 minutes and wash off. I have no issues with stubble, bumps or anything of the sort. I think the hair grows back the same for me (not any thicker)

Comment

• i used hair removal cream for some time on my arms and my hair got thicker and double. It was worst so to me it was increasing my hair growth so i would never imagine using that on my face
      Cold wax for the face hair removal is always good though.

Comment

• I wouldn't suggest hair removal cream to be applied on your face because it increases hair growth.

Comment

• I think hair removal cream is harsh on your face. For me, I just pluck the hair out. Some people prefer laser treatment.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

I think that's the bottom line! Each person/couple should do whatever feels right for them -- even if it is to please the other party, so long as it's...

09-15-2020, 10:36 PM By JonnyR
          • Reply to When to call it quits?

It makes perfect sense, though. It might not be fool-proof but really if you find yourself rooting for one side over the other, that kinda tells you exactly...

09-15-2020, 09:47 PM By Strega
          • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Aside from keeping a bare bikini line in the summer months, I’ve never felt pressured from a societal standpoint to keep my pubic hair a certain way....

09-15-2020, 09:12 PM By Strega
          • Reply to Letting a friendship fade away

Emily D. thanks....

09-14-2020, 05:13 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to When to call it quits?

The guy my friend was dating apparently sensed her disinterest, and asked her if she'd like to continue dating. She avoided the question, and that was...

09-14-2020, 05:09 PM By atskitty2

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
          • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X