Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epilators??

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epilators??

I recently just bought a epilator and only tryed it on my leg for 2 seconds and it hurt like ..! Is it meant to hurt like this or has anyone got any tips on using them?

• yeah it hurts like ********** <---lots of eyewatering swearing.
    the first time you do it.

but keep with it, it does hurt less the more you do it.

you might find it better to get waxed to begin with
    then deal with the regrowth with the epilator.

also do it after you've had a shower when the pores are more open and use an icepack or aloe vera gel right afterwards.

x
    'so why care for these petty obsessions? your designer heart still beats with common blood. and what if you could have genetic perfection? would you change who you are if you could?'

Comment

• I am new to this site and soo glad I found it lol
      I am thinking of getting an epilator mainly for my legs and bikini line as I am getting seriously fed up with shaving there and it growing back within 2 days! ggrrr

Does it really hurt that much to begin with?? x

Comment

• im sorry but for me, it really does.

it doesnt hurt now, but when i first did it it was really painful.

x
        'so why care for these petty obsessions? your designer heart still beats with common blood. and what if you could have genetic perfection? would you change who you are if you could?'

Comment

• I have not tried epilators, but wax sure hurts. If you are not so much of a masochist, waxing is not for you. LOL.

Comment

• in my experience epililating hurts more than waxing.
            mainly i think because its taking out less hair in one go so you get a sort of constant hurting rather than a quick rip.

it does get much less painful the more you do it
            so i think waxing initially and then dealing with the regrowth with an epilator is the way to go.

x

Comment

• no epilators do not hurt more than wax. i have been using one by philips for more than 4 years now and i am happy with it

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
              X