Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Brazilian

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Brazilian

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered I couldn't find anything similar

I have never had a Brazillian before but I really want to get one. I will be going to see a guy im seeing in a few weeks and I know we will be having sex. So I am just wondering if it would be a bad idea to get one before I go? I guess im just concerned that it will either be irritated for a long time after or that it wont be the best brazillian since it is my first (like still short hair or random hairs or something lol).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

• I'd say go for it. Any irritation should be long gone by then. Would take ibuprophin an hour or so before the visit and a cold compress right after if you're very red/irritated. Use tea tree oil for skin irritation later (wait at least 8 hours between the wax job and using astringents).
    Pat

Comment

• Thanks p3375. Just out of curiosity, I know that over time the hair is thinner and what not. What about the first time? Does it grow in faster and is it going to be smooth the first time? Or will this vary with everyone?

Comment

• Hmmm:
        You should be smooth when the waxing is done. No, hair won't grow back faster after the waxing. Same is true for shaving. Hair regrowth is pretty much controled by your hormones.
        If you have the wax job done, please let us know how it went.
        Pat

Comment

• Oh, yeah. I meant to add - if you're unsure, you may consider just getting part of the area done. Lots of options there, just talk over w/ the folks at the salon.

Comment

• Mmmkay thanks P!

I am just looking into the different salons that do it in the area as I have no one to give me a referal. I'll let you know how it goes though!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

Today, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
            • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
            • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
            Working...
            X