Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who uses Veet?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who uses Veet?

Hi all

I recently brought some Veet Wax Strips and on the box it says to warm them up by rubbing with your hands for 5seconds... Insted of this could i just put it in the microwave to warm it up? To me it sounds that just rubbing it wont warm it much?

Has anyone tried this? lol i dont want to destroy the wax strip

Cheers

• Anyone?

Comment

• I haven't ever used wax strips, but I would definitely NOT microwave any kind of chemical product. o_O The microwave is not the same as say holding something over a flame...!

Otherwise, I've used veet/nair creams before with disappointing results. I find that I have to leave the stuff on my skin for a LONG time to see any results, and then the hair grows back as fast as it does when shaving.

One thing I can recommend is to get the MEN'S version of veet, since that is made for coarser hair, and might work faster.

Comment

• Ok thanks

Comment

• I have used veet wax strips. you will be suprised at just how warm they get when you rub them - although saying that, you definitly need to warm them up for longer then 5 secs - i found that anyway. I did the whole 5 second thing, but the hair removal was minimal.

Like Mes said, the creams are just useless! I tried veet on my legs and it just left patches of hair. You have to put a lot on as its a large area, and i thought it was just a complete waste!
          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - Chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO-HOO what a ride!!"
          "I dream about being with you forever." - Twilight

Comment

• I used them today... Tried rubbing it but it didnt work lol so i used the hair dryer hahah only for a few seconds... and it worked great!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Yesterday, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
            • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Yesterday, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

08-02-2020, 10:23 AM By amy40
            • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

08-02-2020, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
            • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
            X