Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I shave it?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I shave it?

Ok, so i'm going to the doctor this Friday for a check up and I'm not sure if i should shave it.
    I am twelve so i am unexperienced.
    Last summer, i tried shaving once and then my period started an hour or so later.
    I'm not sure if i should shave my pubic hair before going to the doctors or not. "=.=
    Please help and thank you in advanced.

• I don't see why you have said about, your period came an hour or so after shaving?

But at the age of 12 you really don't have to worry about shaving your pubic hair. Nobody else but you is going to see it.
    But is it's making you uncomfortable, why not trim it a little bit?
    Live Like There's No Tomorrow, Laugh Until The Pain Goes Away, And Love Like Nothing Else In The World Matters.♥.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agony_Aunt View Post
      I don't see why you have said about, your period came an hour or so after shaving?

But at the age of 12 you really don't have to worry about shaving your pubic hair. Nobody else but you is going to see it.
      But is it's making you uncomfortable, why not trim it a little bit?
      Yes, I got my period about an hour after shaving, and I feel a bit haunted about that.
      I'm going for a check up and my doctor is a male.
      I've done a check up when I was 10, but that was before I hit puberty.

Comment

• 12 seems awfully young for that kind of a doctor visit?! I never had to worry about this problem and my doctor until I was 18.

If you are feeling self-conscious, maybe a trim is in order. It's really up to you. Your doctor has seen everything under the sun, and probably won't be bothered either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Myself View Post
          12 seems awfully young for that kind of a doctor visit?! I never had to worry about this problem and my doctor until I was 18.

If you are feeling self-conscious, maybe a trim is in order. It's really up to you. Your doctor has seen everything under the sun, and probably won't be bothered either way.
          Well this is like a check up for blood pressure and such, and thank you for replying to my thread.

Comment

• Haha, well taking your blood pressure has nothing to do with your vagina, no worries, the panties stay on..

Comment

• Is it possible for you to get a female doctor? You should not feel so self-conscious at your doctor that you want to not tell him or her what is going on. At least confide in a female nurse. Tell her of your embarrassment and if she is good about it, she will try to keep you from being embarrassed.
              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• You don't need to shave at all. Tell you doctor about your period. He/she will advise that all is well I'm sure.
                Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 11-14-2010, 01:28 PM. Reason: can't provide that advice - under age

Comment

• Welcome to the Forum...

It's tough growing up huh

Your appointment with your Doctor then, is about your blood pressure, as your having a little difficulty balancing your weight against your height, so it's important to check that all out

If however, you are thinking of bringing up your other issues, that being a young lady, and all the problems that happen there with your periods I extremely doubt there is any need for any examination... Problems with your periods not being regular does not warrant an examination.. Your Doctor may purely want to discuss with your Mother, placing you on some form of birth control...

Birth control is not given (purely) to sexually active young ladies. It can also be given to young ladies who are experiencing difficulties with their periods being regular or heavy bleeding and/or lots of cramping.... or other methods to help you...

I assume your Mum is going with you on this visit?

Also at 12 years of age, our parents have a big part in what we do and don't do with our bodies, do you not feel comfortable talking to her about these issues?

There is no need to shave, and I wouldn't consider in any event without talking to your Mother, you may cut yourself to start with and if you decide it is something you would like to do, your Mother if she agrees, will guide you on how best to do it...

Sweet, some questions you can ask here but some you won't be able to... Your not of consenting age for web sites, that being 13 to ask some questions..

If you are under the age of 13, the administrator may require that a parent or guardian provides consent before allowing you to complete the registration process. More information about this is available during the registration process.
                  You would have been asked this when registering...

We are happy to answer any questions you are curious about regarding losing weight, menstral cycles... however, the only advise that we can give you on this topic is, an explanation of what we believe will happen at that appointment. We can not give you due to your age, any advise on whether you should shave or not in general... Please speak to your Mother in that regard or have her send me an email confirming she is okay with you asking those questions on this Forum...
                  PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                  • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                  Working...
                  X