Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I doing something wrong or is my hair just too stubbly? (public hair removal)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I doing something wrong or is my hair just too stubbly? (public hair removal)

I hear some lady's shave down there in 2-3 days. I am wondeing do they get a whole bunch of cuts? and I mean like a lot

If I shave in less than 4-6 days I get horrible pull and just a wall of tiny cuts 1-2 inches above my clit. But the more I let it grow out the less cuts. MY first one had no cuts at all since I was shaving off a trimmed bush.

I even tried that man's glide razor I see on tv that is supposed to prevent pull and it doesnt work at all.

Am I supposed to shave in some special way if I want to shave frequently?

• Are you using new razors when you do shave down there? Shaving gel?

I shave about every other day down there, most of the time, and have never had any problems. I use one razor for shaving down there and change it out about every 2-3 shaves even if it still feels sharp and shave gel.

Maybe you are just super sensitive to a razor down there.

Comment

• No but even when the razor was new it still gave me cuts. I had it for months now. I use a shaving gel that says its for sensitive skin.

Comment

• First off, I'm a man...so I can only tell you what works for my SO who is very sensitive to shaving "down there" too.

She allows it to grow back between shaves a little longer than just "stubble".
        She always exfoliates the area before she shaves it to help prevent ingrown hairs.
        She soaks in a very warm bath before she shaves to get the hair and skin as soft and warm as possible.
        She uses the Venus brand razor and a shaving gel. She uses her blow dryer to dry her razor immediately after use to help extend the life of the razor.
        She ONLY shaves in the direction that the hair grows. That means changing direction frequently but it beats cuts or other complications.
        She doesn't shave much before she rinses the blade clean under very warm water.
        She uses some sort of skin moisturizer after she has rinsed any remaining gel off once she has completed the shaving.
        She changes razor blades at the first feel of any "tug" or "pulling".

Since she has followed the above mentioned steps, she has seen much better results.

Comment

• you could wax if you can stand the pain...
          The trauma of abuse is never fully gone from a person's consciousness. Its filthy stain leaves its residue on the soul forever.

Comment

• i had that problem and i stated 2 use removel cream that work great on me,just dont leave on as long or less u want 2 be bare.

Comment

• use shaving gel too...
              Hi

Comment

• If you could stand it, try having it waxed by a professional or you may use the microwavable kind like Gigi.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                Working...
                X