Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

normal hormones, regular menstrual cycle but excessive hair growth and acne?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normal hormones, regular menstrual cycle but excessive hair growth and acne?

I was wondering if anyone else had ever had a similar problem? I'm twenty and I've been hairy all my life, my father is basically wolf man, my mom is hairy as well but luckily blond. But since I turned 18 it's been getting gradually worse, I get fine but dark hairs on my cheeks and rough on my chin, it's pretty gross. My skin used to stay mostly clear with acne cleanser but now it seems like nothing stops me from breaking out the week before my period. My hormones are regular (though I need to have my testosterone re-checked, as they threw out the sample before they could test it, though everything else is normal) and my period has been regular every month as long as I've had it. I've also put on 30 pounds in the last 3 years, is 20 pounds enough to make hair grow thicker and cause mild acne?

• Hi, Did you check if you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome? It can cause facial hair and acne in women. Are you also facing cholesterol or weight gain problems? If yes, then its time you checked this out. The other reasons for hair growth could be cushing's syndrome. Also, since your mother has this problem , it could be a genetic problem. If it bothers you a lot, why don't you try to consult a physician? They might be able to figure out the root cause and help you find a solution. Good luck!

Comment

• I too have problems with acne and unwanted hair. What has helped me is a very simple natural solution. Go to your local whole foods and buy either chickpea (garbanzo) flour or soy flour. Make a solid paste and use it as a scrub on your face. Leave it on problems areas a bit longer and wash off. Personally it works for me.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

Yesterday, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
      • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
      • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
      Working...
      X