Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epilators

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epilators

Has anyone tried this? I have been using one for a few months now and was wondering if it really makes the hair grow back thinner over time? I haven't seen much change yet..

• i have a epilators and i been using it for like about 2 year now, yes the hair grown back thinner. first u dont really notice but wait longer u will notice it, when i first got it i wasnt impress with the result, now i pretty happy, better then shaving, or removal cream, and almost i get the same result like waxing, with the epilator it less pain and no mess. 1 thing i find the epilators is not good at for underarm it give u little bit of cut but i still happy

Comment

• I know this is an old thread, but thought I would bump it back up.

I received an epilator for Christmas, and I thought after the pain from using it the first time, I would never use it again.

However, I hung in there, and I don't mind it at all now. My neighbour has been using hers for years, and now the hair on her legs no longer grows in.

Does anyone else here use an epilator?

Comment

• What exactly is an epilator and how does it work?

Comment

• epilator i treid it once never again it hurts so much

Comment

• I've been using one for about 10 years now. My first one looked like a spring which was called the Epilady and the one I'm using now is like a bunch of tweezers going around in a circle made by Remington. I use it on my legs, under arms and bikini area. My hair on my legs is a lot thinner and doesn't grow on most ereas. My under arms have 3 or 4 hairs and I just pluck them with a tweezer now every week or so. And as for my bikini area I'm very careful. You really do have to hold the skin tight. It can be very painful if the epilator catches the skin.
            It took a long time for it not to be painful to use it but I really hate shaving and some creams like Nair actually burn my skin.
            It's not for every one but I'm very satisfied with this product.
            Good luck, Jeana.

Comment

• I use the Silk Epil Expressive from Braun. Here is a description of the unit: Bed Bath & Beyond - Braun Silk-epil® Xpressive Hair Removal System

I received it for Christmas and have been using it since, about once a week. At first it hurt a lot, but as time goes by it becomes less painful, and I think it's worth it. After using it for a couple months now, hair is growing back thinner and fewer. I use it on my whole legs, and bikini area, as well as my arms and underarms. It works especially well on my underarms, I would barely have to shave now!

Like I said, in the beginning it is painful but becomes less so over time. I just have to make sure my skin is pulled tight in the bikini area and underarms.

Hope that helps!
              Last edited by Fallen1; 04-07-2009, 07:23 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Comment

• Originally posted by countrygirl49 View Post
                I use the Silk Epil Expressive from Braun. Here is a description of the unit: Bed Bath & Beyond - Braun Silk-epil® Xpressive Hair Removal System
                i have the same one, however i used mine for about a week(i found it REEEAALLLY painful) i found that i could only limit the use to the bottom half of my legs because everywhere else was so sore maybe im just a wimp though lol
                Last edited by Fallen1; 04-07-2009, 07:24 AM. Reason: Remove outbound link

Comment

• Hello,
                  Well I am really hairy and have been using it for over 5 years on my legs.... my hair has not thin but the good thing is that it takes longer to grow. so, as hairy as I am I can do my legs every 2 weeks as opposed to wax, which I have to do every week.
                  I use the Braun

Comment

• I have only been using mine for a few months now, and I have noticed that some of my hairs are staring to look really wimpy, they grow back all weak and blonde like they can't even be bothered which is good, I had a problem with in grown hais at firat but I just needed a better exfoliating scrub. I use the Braun silk epil expressive.... I t has two settings so number one definatley for bikini and number two for my legs and under arms, easy peasy

Comment

• This is a great thread, I think I'm going to try Braun's Epil-silk. I'll be sure to post a review when I start to get results!

Comment

• I love my epilator and have just started using it again last month, however I am noticing a lot of small ingrown hairs and have to pick them out from under the skin. I only exfoliate about 2-3 a week but should I be doing this more? Also does the ingrown hair thing get better with time? x

Comment

• Yeah I love using an epilator but I know what you mean with the ingrown hairs. It's not that noticeable for me, but it's still there. I actually exfoliate my legs every single day, I use a face exfoliant that is designed to be used every day. I find it greatly diminishes the number of ingrown hairs. I don't know if it's actually going to irritate my skin but my skin doesn't feel irritated at all.

I guess I'm a bit obsessive about it, but I also epilate my body every single day. It is time consuming but even if a small little hair only grew out on the area (say the legs or arms) I pluck it out immediately.

Comment

• I have been using my epilator for a while now, and although after a period of time results do show.. It hurts like no body's business!! when I usie it on my legs it is fine it only really stings toward the bottom near the ankle, but i tried my bikini line and i found that it isn't so bad if you shave it all, and then the next day go over with the epilator as only the hairs coming through are snagged and the pain isn't so bad, as there is not a lot of hair there.

Comment

• Hi all,

I've been using an epilator for about 3 months now and i must admit its resolved my biggest problem of hair removal ! I'm dark haired and have excessive body hair which of course means my body hair is so clearly visible that i'd be shaving, waxing and using hair removal cream regularly. Ever since i started using the Epilator my body hair grows back thinner and not everywhere like it used to. It's remarkable because i dont have to worry about removing hair constantly, maybe just every 2-3 weeks now wherease before i could notice hair growing back the 3rd or 4th day after removal. I also use it for pubic hair removal, it did hurt like and still does but a little! but really it's worth it. Just be slow and very careful when removing hair in that area. Do ake a shower afterwards and apply a good body lotion/cream afterwards to really feel the difference )

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Are you energized after sex? Or ready to sleep?

We were talking one day about the timing of sex. He is charged up and energized following sex, and I'm super relaxed and usually want to sleep. We're...

09-24-2020, 04:58 AM By atskitty2
                              • Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
                              • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
                              Working...
                              X