Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair Removal Devices?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Removal Devices?

I was watching late night TV the other night and they showed a shaver looking thing, I think it was called 'The Twizzle'? or somthing similar. It looked like a regular electric shaver except they claim it actually tweezes hair.

They showed women using it on their facial hair, underarms, etc. Has anyone tried something like this? and how much did it hurt?

Look interesting, but pulling so much hair at once must be fairly painful, no?

• Originally posted by mmontgomery891 View Post
    I was watching late night TV the other night and they showed a shaver looking thing, I think it was called 'The Twizzle'? or somthing similar. It looked like a regular electric shaver except they claim it actually tweezes hair.

They showed women using it on their facial hair, underarms, etc. Has anyone tried something like this? and how much did it hurt?

Look interesting, but pulling so much hair at once must be fairly painful, no?
    About a month ago I bought basically the same thing. I purchased the Veet Epilator from the drug store. Spent $50 on it and in my opinion it was a waste of money. It didn't work that well for me. My legs were not smooth after using it, I wound up having to shave anyway to get them smooth.

Painful? Well it's not something that you can't handle or get used to. Kind of smarts, sort of feels like a tiny electrical shock.
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• hello there,
      well years ago i bought a similar device called epilady. it was this thing that had a coil spring like thing and it rotated around pulling the hair out. well it scared me half to death so i gave it to my mother in law to try. she says it wasn't too bad but the hair had to be fairly long in order to use this thing. i can't wait that long for my hair to grow out a certain length so i stick to shaving. i suppose it does hurt to a certain degree and depending on your pain tolerence. i know just tweezing my eyebrows or waxing them makes my eyes water. lynne
      LYNNE

Comment

• thanks for the replies!

yes, sitting around for long hair on my legs so I can pull it out is not really an option. I am the same way as far as pain when tweezing, etc, so i guess I'll stick with shaving!

now that i recall int he commercial the women had these abnormally long hairs on their face. Who would let it grow so long so they could use the machine?

Comment

• I have a reeeeeeeally good epilator from braun (the silk epil) and It's quite expensive but works reeeeeeeeaaally well

Comment

• Old thread, please check dates

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

• Letting a friendship fade away

Over the past few years, the tone of a friendship of mine has changed. We have a mutual friend, and last week, we finally had an honest chat about how...

08-30-2020, 07:41 AM By atskitty2
            • When to call it quits?

It's sometimes difficult to know when to end a romantic relationship, and for what reasons. Dating can be a challenge, and finding someone worth investigating...

08-30-2020, 07:14 AM By atskitty2
            Working...
            X