Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

husband cheated and gave me HPV not I think I have infected our 8 year old boy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• husband cheated and gave me HPV not I think I have infected our 8 year old boy

Dear members,

My husband cheated on me in November 2008. I got tested in December 2008. The doctor took forever to get back with me, and when she did she told me I was fine. Then in February 2009, she mailed me my test results saying I have HPV. I am devastated and scared. I have worked every hard not to infect my 8 year old Autistic boy since I discovered that I had this.

However, I noticed today some mole like marks on my son-one on his leg, around his mouth, and one on his back. I first noticed that I had mole like marks coming on me about 4 or 5 days ago, but mostly on my genital area. The other two that I noticed is on my wrist and one on my ear lope. I have a doctor's appointment this coming Wednesday to see what strain(s) I have and if what I am seeing on my body are genital warts. I also want to find out if I have cervical cancer. I am going to get my son in to see his doctor tomorrow so she can have a look at him. If anyone out there has been in this situation, please contact me.

My cheating husband has wanted to see our son in the last two weeks. We are not living together, and I want to keep our son away from him. He is too negligent and irresponsible. Just look at how he has risk his health, mine, and possibly our son. When I asked him to go to the doctors and see if he had warts, he says to me he is not going to spend the money on the doctor's appointment to see if he has warts. He was cheating on me without using a condom. I know that condoms do not protect totally against it, but he is careless anyway for putting the mother of his child in this position. I need help on so many levels members. Please reach out to me. I have been through alot.

• As long as you have good hand hygiene and are not doing strange stuff with your son, you cannot give HPV to your son. If your son has genital warts then you should be worried. This is not contagious like the flu, this is spread through direct contact from one infected genital area to another. That is why HPV is considered a sexually transmitted infection (STI).

Comment

• Although you do not have to have intercourse to transmit HPV, you do have to have genitalia to genitalia contact.

My best guess would be that the warts you are seeing are a result of something else...if your son has them too. However, I am not a doctor and stranger things have happened.

Let us know how wednesday goes.

Comment

• Confused and In Shock

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I found your comment by googling for help for myself after I learned that my husband like yours cheated on me in November of 2008. I had my annual Pap done in Feb 09 and had an abnormal pap smear, testing HPV +. We have been married for 16 years and thought that we were best friends. I'm devastated.
        I'd never heard of HPV in my many years of life. I can tell you that you don't have to worry about infecting your son. It is a sexually transmitted disease. If you haven't already done so, pls get yourself tested COLPOSCOPY for the severity of your HPV.

I have been diagnosed with a high grade cervical dysplasia. I will have to have surgery. In the meantime the husband, (I put out of our home), swears he made a bad mistake, and wants professional counseling. I'm just not certain what to do at this point as this could have possibly killed me had I not been on top of my physical well being. I wish you much luck in the future and perhaps by this time (since you wrote your comment in March 09) that things have worked out for you. Take Care.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Activity On Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Does lube actually help you?

Lube definitely helps me! I love using it with sex toys and partners alike and always finds that it only enhances my experience!

Today, 10:27 AM By Zoë T.
        • Reply to Making everyday routine joyful

I'm not the best multitasker and personally like to devote all of my energy and mind towards one thing at a time. So using a sex toy during work or zoom...

Today, 10:22 AM By Zoë T.

One thing about work is that you are being paid for your work which to me means you should be focused on work when you are being paid to perform it (and...

Yesterday, 10:29 PM By jns

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you’re talking about a sex toy that activates/triggers with notifications or activity at work? So like something...

Yesterday, 07:30 PM By Alison H.
        • Making everyday routine joyful

Hey, ladies!

Seems like human interaction and communication is becoming more and more virtual as our world is becoming more digitalized....

Yesterday, 01:01 PM By in_love_with_females

Latest Topics On Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
        X